Office Shrinker [reduce source of o2k3/xp/2k]

buckeyeXP

Okay, I think the file on this link has a Virus, please check it

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=16709&st=110

Any way... I´m just too stupid to get things work :realmad: ....

Tried all, all that is here on the forum :wacko: ....

I have a Spanish version of 2003 with slipstreamed SP1....

I tried to shrink it on a clean Windows XP SP2 in VMware....

But only I get 13MB of data copied, with no error at all.... :}

I just don´t get it, how the hell people could have shrinked there Office,

Just kick me if I´m asking something stupid; How do I shrink the source of Office 2003 SP1 Spanish version. :blushing:

Please help me.

edit: forgot to say that I´m using an English XP pro... could this be a problem in combination with a Spanish Office 2003?

forgot to say that I´m using an English XP pro... could this be a problem in combination with a Spanish Office 2003?

Probably - but only from the side of windows. The shrinker itself supports Spanish though.

Just try reading all posts in the thread, and follow the steps and you'll have your shrunken Office. All the best!

Can someone clarify that I need to uninstall Office first from my system before running the Shrinker?

And please, if it isn't too much trouble, can someone make a guide or how-to on how to use this shrinker. Thanks.

You are suppost to have a clean system. Else the install information may be incorrect for this program to monitor. In other words you may have files missing due to the installer may not overwrite files that were left behind from previous install. Thay may put monitoring out for those files.

You may be safe if you chose overwrite when you made the transform file.

No promises made on that as I have not tried this method.

I used a clean Virtual PC.

:)

it appears the natives have gotten restless... :rolleyes:

First off it looks for the files in the destination directory for the files to copy inorder to ensure that the files were copied. if you looked at the source for the files, they are obviously going to be there. defeating the purpose.

I assure you that the link on whatever page to the spanish shrink is not a virus. it contains very similar code to the one on the first page. i would recommend using the version on the first page because it has been tested for other languages and is known to work.

You are suppost to have a clean system. Else the install information may be incorrect for this program to monitor. In other words you may have files missing due to the installer may not overwrite files that were left behind from previous install. Thay may put monitoring out for those files.

This is correct and the recommend method.

IN GENERAL: if you get an error 25003 that means that there is an XML file missing that is required for setup. If you check the log, Office_Task(000X).txt it should give you the location for that file. copy it manualy and rerun shrink.

@puntomax: send your log files. maybe we can figure it out from those.

im planning on making some changes, but havent had the time. hang in there for a couple of weeks.

forgot to say that I´m using an English XP pro... could this be a problem in combination with a Spanish Office 2003?

Probably - but only from the side of windows. The shrinker itself supports Spanish though.

Just try reading all posts in the thread, and follow the steps and you'll have your shrunken Office. All the best!

Hehehehe :), okay,

I was reading ALL posts in this thread and the one how to slipstream SP1 in.

If it was that simple I would not have to post here ;), especialy not a question "how to" :P.

it appears the natives have gotten restless...  :rolleyes:
Yeah well, I hate Spanish office, my Spanish is poor believe me, I just live in Mexico ;)
First off it looks for the files in the destination directory for the files to copy in order to ensure that the files were copied.  if you looked at the source for the files, they are obviously going to be there, defeating the purpose.

The Office 2003 version is slipstreamed well, I only needed to copy one CAB and XLM file from the original CD. But, the difference is that the original CD has more CAB files in the root and my copied version on my HDD like I said just one now.

I assure you that the link on whatever page to the Spanish shrink is not a virus.  it contains very similar code to the one on the first page.  I would recommend using the version on the first page because it has been tested for other languages and is known to work.
If I use Opera 7.5x, AVG antivirus pops up telling me it’s some kind of virus that gives me a Kernel error. Even some times AVG is not giving a popup and my PC just dies, (cool and fast reset ;) without a tweak LOL). But if you say it hasn´t a virus in it, well, then Opera is just fooling around.

Same here, and the info is al over the place.

Also the XML file in combination with the CAB file is there.

@puntoMX:  send your log files.  Maybe we can figure it out from those.

Well, there are no errors in my log files, but! SETUP is telling me that I use incorrect parameters and I have to look in the SETUP.HTM.

I hope you can use my information, I´ll wait till your next version comes out, I´m all ready hanging in there, hehehehe (**** I was p***ed yesterday :D)

@puntoMX: if there is a setup error about parameters it should show up in one of the microsoft log files. there are three log files created when you run this.

i dont know how there could be incorrect parameters. i know that SimonSays got this to work for the spanish version of office. so... send me your logs just for the hell of it.

Is there any way to attach 2 files?:huh:

Could it be that there is some thing wrong with my Office version?

I can´t find the M$ log file...

Edit: I forgot that this time I have errors in the logs, but before there were non. I just was playing around to get the shrink to work, some thing I did gave me the errors in the logs I think...

I hate to ask things when other people CAN do the job without asking... :blushing:

office2.log

I scan the file and no virus found. Office shinker is made with Autoit? Yes?

I use Autoit also, and some virus scanners report that it is a virus when it is not. I know the creator of Autoit has been contacting antivirus firms, as to this false warning. Well, leaves some uncertain dicisions of whether it is or isn't. I DL it before because, I know of these false warnings. Luckily, no problems. Still here aren't I.

:P

Found property assignment: TRANSFORMS=C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\Applications\Office2003

Found property name: new\New, but did not find equal sign.

Failed to query chaining key for main task name.

Any one knows what this is?

it´s in the office2.log file made by Office Shrink :} ...

Found property assignment: TRANSFORMS=C:\XPCD\$OEM$\$1\install\Applications\Office2003

Found property name: new\New, but did not find equal sign.

Failed to query chaining key for main task name.

Any one knows what this is?

it´s in the office2.log file made by Office Shrink :} ...

That is the command to use your unattended answer file to install office with.