• Announcements

• xper

MSFN Sponsorship and AdBlockers!   07/10/2016

Dear members, MSFN is made available via subscriptions, donations and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, become a site sponsor and ads will be disabled automatically and by subscribing you get other sponsor benefits.
buckeyeXP

Office Shrinker [reduce source of o2k3/xp/2k]

679 posts in this topic

Well, as there has been 7 people that downloaded my autoit script in here, I upload now a new autoit script that will tell you the 2 words that you need to replace for Office Shrinker to work in any non-english language: "retry" and "error".

I made it just to improve my autoit knowledge.

Enjoy

Office_Schrink_Error_and_Retry_in_your_OS_language.exe

Edited by JohnS

:blushing: Please.., can any one describe the using process to successfully complete the Office shrinker.

I can't move farword when Office shrinker ask for "setuppls.exe" file in Source office.

:unsure:

can explain in spanish please?

in inglish don't understand :/

or upload office XP shirnked with Word and excel xD

Does anyone know how to install M$ Word from office 2000 professional and only Word.

I dont use outlook,powerpoint etc....I just want Word.

Can i shrink office XP without slipstreaming it or (updating it).

i want to install only word, excel & powerpoint. But i m using dialup connection so i can't update, it took many time.

So if possible please describe step-by step to shrink office without slipstream. :wacko:

I tried to shrink my office xp without slipstreaming it. And it done. But when i try to use it it display error that file not found.

When i check the property of Shrinked officexp. It was only 7 mb.

What's wrong.

Please describe how can officexp get shrinked, without slipstreaming it?

i tried to shrink office xp but it's final size is only 7mb. What is wrong?

:hello: Is someone making a shrinker for Office 2k7?

If so please inform

is there any guide on slipstreaming and shrinking office 2003 (guides on first thread has gone)

when i tried to shrink my office i cannot find *.mst setup file?? really confusing

Edited by gendouhydeist

Hi All,

Im getting the 25003 error while trying to shrink my Office 2K3 install. I have attached the files for you to look at.

The strange thing is though, when I run the setup with the .mst file manually it installs fine.

Very odd.. Hopefully someone can help me out.

Cheers

office2.txt

office.txt

office2_Task_0001_.txt

hi

i would love to shrink my source of office but whenever i do it i get error a lot of errors and nothing is done.

most of the errors ar ERROR 1308

AND THESE WINDOWS COME AND GO CONTINIOUSLY

i have tried atleast 10 times and every time i get the same problem

anybogy please tell what are the problems..........

pleaaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

I was able to seemingly get everything working, but after the installation completes, the green bar goes backwards and the software uninstalls itself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, this is my modified version of Office Shrink.

It should support every language automatically, and avoid all problems of program exiting at the beginning of execution.

OfficeShrink2.zip

i need HELP!!!!!

I followed all the steps but something is happening with 7zip. that my silent install is not working.

I tested to install it after the shrunk proccess and it works great.

Then after i 7zip it it wont work again. If i make the silent install it will just roll back ont he middle of the isntallation so i took out the /qb- switch to see what its happening and i get error 1309: Error reading from file: c:\windows\temp\7zs58.tmp\files\pfiles\common\msshared\srceng\ose.exe and if i click ignore i get a lot more. I already did the 7z compress 3 times always with same result?

Any clue of what could be the problem??.

Thankss

Has anyone succeeded shrinking a O2003 Sp3? My script always stops at somewhere saying some files not found.

Has anyone succeeded shrinking a O2003 Sp3? My script always stops at somewhere saying some files not found.

No success here. It says the shrink "is already complete" although the the OS is clean (without any install of Office before). And then when i run the shrinked version of Office, the install completes so it seems to work. However, when i launch Outlook and then i configure an account, it says some components are missing.

There's another problem too : it configures Office for the current Windows profile only. So when i launch any Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook or Powerpoint) from another Windows account, the progress bar appears to install some components again.

I tried by creating a new MST file with ORKA but that didn't change anything ... I never had any of these problems with SP2 before.

Edited by Lucius Snow

However, when i launch Outlook and then i configure an account, it says some components are missing.

There's another problem too : it configures Office for the current Windows profile only. So when i launch any Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook or Powerpoint) from another Windows account, the progress bar appears to install some components again.

Well it's finally not due to Office shrinker. Those problems occur everytime i want to use Office with a new user account. Anyone knows how to configures Office through setup.exe with other Windows accounts ?

Hi there, I wanted to let everyone who still has problems installing shrinked Office (at T13) know the following:

When I install Office AFTER installing .Net Framework 2 + 3, I get an error (you can only click OK) and installation will fail (rollback).

I looked up the error number and found out it was caused by some files/reg entries still in use by .Net Framework. This is extremely weird since I use VMCLEANER.exe (kills all tasks after installation) to speed up the whole process of installing Apps.

Unfortunately I forgot the error number!

So the solution is: Install Office FIRST! after Office you can install .Net Framework 2+ 3

@Lucius Snow, it seems I now have the exact same problem you have, Office tries to install at every first logon for any account! Ofcourse it fails since the installation files are not on the harddrive (they were only temporarily extracted for setup!).

The only thing I can think of: FormatCOnverters.exe! I've added this to my office setup (enables you to open, edit and save office 2007 files). I'll test later without this.

Edited by ZileXa

OK so I tested without formatconvertors. No change.

My Office only consists of Word, Excel Powerpoint, Dutch (NL) version, with NL+ENG spellcheck.

If I cancel the installation at first login (have to press cancel several times) I can start Word, Excel and Powerpoint without any problems... so they ARE installed. However when I start Excel, it wants to install something again, so I cancel it again. Excel works flawless.

I think this issue should get its own topic since it's NOT Shrinker related, my Shrinked Office works perfectly on my CD from January 2007. Exactly the same Office, just a lot more updates for Windows and I install more apps....

So some application triggers Office to install some extra stuff...

Yes, I made it successfully. Everything works perfect. Even with new Windows account everything is OK. Only on launch of Excel a progress bar appeared and it completed successfully (it did not asked me for any file), and then Excel launched. For the rest of applications I did not get progress bar and all of it are working properly.

I don't know why are you guys having problems.

Cheers ;)

The odd thing is that it occurs with SP3 and not SP2.

@ZileXa : Thanks for your feedback. Glag to know i'm not the only one. Let me know if there's any progress. For now, i stick with SP2 ;)

huh, I am using Office+SP2!

Like I said, I didn't change my Office installer (didn't update it either). Only my windows cd has been updated.

Edited by ZileXa

huh, I am using Office+SP2!

Like I said, I didn't change my Office installer (didn't update it either). Only my windows cd has been updated.

Hmm very odd. I have the inverse situation. My CD hasn't been changed but i just updated from Office 2003+SP2 to Office 2003+SP3. By the way i tried with my MST file and with a new one created. No change.

Do you get troubles too when you try to configure an Outlook account with another Windows user profile ? It asks me to insert the CD. Once again, that never happened with Office 2003+SP2.