Office Shrinker [reduce source of o2k3/xp/2k]

buckeyeXP

anyone got a dutch version shronk?

Can't seem to get it working...

after modifieing shrink.ini to correct settings(few posts back) it reports success but when installing the progress bar installs for a minute but then just returns...it progresses back to zero:s

i get en error pretty much right away that the source is corrupt.

i tried a without deselecting ANYTHING the last couple times and it did nothing. i thought it was the slipstream but no i tried just the admin install from the disc untouch and no go.

is this because im using the small business cd? i basically just want to strip it down to word and excel and thats it.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having trouble with OfficeShrink... I did everything according to the guide, unattended install works perfectly... but when I start the shrink tool it goes wrong

as soon as the installation begins, I get this error (its from the AutoIt script I am sure, because when I click OK, the icon of OfficeShrink in the rightcorner disappears!)

Using VirtualPC, Office 2003 Dutch with SP1 and 2 more updates.

Did a CLEAN WinXPsp2+ryanvm (dutch) updatepack on virtualPC.

officeshrinkerror1jl.jpg

Please help!

Edited by ZileXa

Would anyone get me a shrinked office? Dont have the office CD to make it ...! :(;)

I can get the server to host it ... Ill just create an FTP account so someone can upload it.

I would really apreciated guys ...! Thanks!

Thanks, It's a great tool indeed ... :lol:

But i cannot make it work. the PDF on the first post is Old.. Download from PDF also not available. It would be great if the author update the First post of this topic to point where are the latest files and also for moderators it's really painful going through all the replys .. and definitly take a lot of time..

I wish it'll going to work .. just now i know i need a clean xp install to do..

Also if possible make a single post about all the trick needed to be done.. It could be the first topic of the post..

:thumbup Anyway GOOD WORK.. :yes:

first off sry i didnt feel like searching for an answer for this, its 8:19am here and i just wanted to post this and go to sleep. with that aside heres my problem:

i have the problem mentioned in the office shrink PDF where the MSI starts configing stuff then "rolls back" i looked at the logs and couldnt really find anything since it creates alot of errors normally. my shrunk directory is the right size, i think its around 120mb or so, and i read Asta's (not even gonna ask why he's banned, although i am curious) answer in the PDF and it didnt really help me out at all, since i didnt 7zip my folder ill recreate the logs if thats what you guys need. also im not using a vm i have like 40gb free and decided to use my newly (almost) completed UA to test my start.bat since a VM took to long each time. alright im gong to sleep now....

@BuckeyeXP

Hi!!

OfficeShrink is a really cool idea :)

AutoIT is indeed the perfect tool for this :D

Just a thought.. why don't you post the sourcecode so we all can post

our modifications. Maybe this would lead to a real "Universal Office Shrinkage Tool" :D

Tell me what you think!!

grtz!

JJ

HEY FRIEND I BEG FOR YOUR HELP. PLEASE HELP ME. YOUR APP. SHRINK IS THE MEDICINE OF MY PROBLEM. BUT MY LANGUAGE IS TURKISH SO I CANT USE IT AS I WANT. WHY NOT PREPARE A GUIDE FOR OTHER LANGUAGES. THAT IS A GENERIC LANGUAGE. IN THIS WAY THE OTHER USERS WITH DIFFERENT LANGUAGES CAN PREPARE THEIR OWN EASYLY.

IF ITS HARD FOR YOU OR IF YOU'RE NOT SUITABLE CAN YOU MAKE IT FOR TURKISH PLEASE? OR IS THERE ANYTHING THAT I HAVE TO DO ? PLEASE HELP...