Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Office Shrinker [reduce source of o2k3/xp/2k]

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
678 replies to this topic

rendrag

rendrag

grrrrrr

• PipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts
office shrink should def not be mach specific. I'm using and have installed on multiple systems without a hitch... One thing you could try is to take the "-" out of the switch
.... transforms="silent.mst" /qb-
That switch hides errors. If you remove it, any errors in the installation should pop up.

ASUS M4A78T-E | AMD Phenom II X4 905e 2.5GHz | 4x 2GB A-Data DDR3 1600 RAM | Saphire Radeon HD 7950 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD | 1TB Western Digital Black | 256GB Seagate Barracuda | Samsung DVD Burner SH-S222L | 22" Samsung 226BW LCD | Creative Gigaworks S700 5.1 speakers

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

saitoh183

saitoh183

Give the sponge a big hug!

• PipPip
  • 158 posts
I made my Office XP using the method in the unattended guide and then using the shrinking method. Near the end of the shrinking processes it ask me to insert My XP SP2 CD because it says that the CD in the drive is not correct. Now i skipped this by doing cancel and the shrinking process seemed to have worked anyways. Now i used winrar to get my file down to 55.6MB and when i run it, 3/4 in it asked me for the CD again saying that the one present isnt correct. I'm using my slipstreammed SP2 CD created with nlite. Im doing all this on a virtual machine created with VMware and im using my SP2 CD in iso form (mounted im iso form to act as my CD-rom in my virtual machine).

Is there a way for it not to asked for my XP SP2 cd?

rendrag

rendrag

grrrrrr

• PipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts
that's really strange... i've never had it ask me for CD2. Are you installing parts of office that aren't on CD1?

ASUS M4A78T-E | AMD Phenom II X4 905e 2.5GHz | 4x 2GB A-Data DDR3 1600 RAM | Saphire Radeon HD 7950 | 256GB Crucial M4 SSD | 1TB Western Digital Black | 256GB Seagate Barracuda | Samsung DVD Burner SH-S222L | 22" Samsung 226BW LCD | Creative Gigaworks S700 5.1 speakers

saitoh183

saitoh183

• PipPip
  • 158 posts
Not a CD2....it asked me to insert my XPSP2 CD...im installing with Office with Frontpage but only installing Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and removed some office tools and Shared features. The installation is being done on my Virtual machine that has never had office installed on it. Could it be because of my Windows itself? or because of the stuff i removed from my Windows CD with nlite?

My Office XP has SP3 sliptreammed and all updates after SP3's release.

saitoh183

saitoh183

• PipPip
  • 158 posts
I was wondering if my problem of it asking for the Windows XP PRO SP2 CD is because i splitreammed the officexp-kb837253-client-enu.exe update into it?

saitoh183

saitoh183

• PipPip
  • 158 posts
Well I tested the SFX package i made on a Virtual Machine with an original installation of XP Pro with SP2 and it worked. So i assume its my installation of my unattended CD that is the problem. I guess it has to do with something i removed from the installation...but what it the question....any ideas anyone?

lilweirddude

lilweirddude

• PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts
edit is your friend

saitoh183

saitoh183

• PipPip
  • 158 posts
My web broswer was buggy and wouldn't load when i do edit... sorry:(

saitoh183

saitoh183

• PipPip
  • 158 posts
I have made my Office shrink to 55MB and tested it on a machine that has a non-modified XP installed and it worked fine. Next I tried it on my Windows installed using my unattended CD (iso image) it and it doesnt work. Im using OfficeXP Pro Frontpage.

I get msgs during the installation saying that I'm missing

C:\files\system\ctfmon.exe
.......................\dimm.dll
........................\msctfp.dll

and some ODBC things, and for some reason at a certain point it asks for my Windows XP SP2 CD and it says that my Unattended CD isnt good.

Im guessing that it worked on the non-modified XP because it has the all the files backed up in the C:\windows. Can i just add the files that are missing from my office(not shrunk) or will that mess up the shrunken office?

Here is my Unattended.mst

Attached Files

saitoh183

saitoh183

• PipPip
  • 158 posts
here is my setting file for nlite that could maybe help in solving my problem

Attached Files

robbie2

robbie2

• 12 posts
which version can u get to 75mb??

Acheron

Acheron

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts
For that ODBC error thing you can use this command to bypass the errors:

setup.exe /qb-!

Say no to bloatware. Download Nero Lite!

saitoh183

saitoh183

• PipPip
  • 158 posts
Well after numurous tries i finially got it to work...I think the problem was the office tools.

Acheron

Acheron

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 987 posts
No, the error occurs when you remove ODBC with nLite
Say no to bloatware. Download Nero Lite!

saitoh183

saitoh183

• PipPip
  • 158 posts
I left the ODBC stuff in my nlite config when i made my winXP CD and everthing worked

amp_man

amp_man

My stereo is worth more than my car...

• Pip
  • 69 posts
How are you guys getting it down that small? I've got Office 2003 pro, I set it up to install only Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. The ORK at that point showed the final size should be 198 megs, but my install source, even after running the auto-it script and removing the MSIs and installers for word, etc, is still around 320mb. Am I missing something? Perhaps buried within this 27-page thread?

lilweirddude

lilweirddude

• PipPipPipPip
  • 573 posts

How are you guys getting it down that small? I've got Office 2003 pro, I set it up to install only Word, Excel, and Powerpoint. The ORK at that point showed the final size should be 198 megs, but my install source, even after running the auto-it script and removing the MSIs and installers for word, etc, is still around 320mb. Am I missing something? Perhaps buried within this 27-page thread?

winrar sfx

Gagorian

Gagorian

Junior

• Pip
  • 76 posts
Office 2003 including Word, Excel and Powerpoint. I stripped most of the useless features and got it down to a 58.9 mb SFX. (Winrar - Best Compression) :thumbup

Then I added all the office source files and the .mst file to the SFX and typed in the comment field:

TempMode
Setup=SETUP.EXE TRANSFORMS=Unattended.MST /qn
Silent=1
Overwrite=1

This will extract the files into a temporary directory, run the install commands, install it and then remove the temporary files. Which means it's a fully unattended and silent office 2003 installation package that fits easily on my cd. Just set RunOnceEx to run the executable, no commandlines needed.

Thanks for this great utility.

*EDIT* Got the size down by a few more megs.

amp_man

amp_man

My stereo is worth more than my car...

• Pip
  • 69 posts
edit: wow, I'm a terrible dumba**. I'm trying to use the source files instead of the admin install point :blushing: that definately could help

r0sWell

r0sWell

• PipPip
  • 179 posts
not working for me :(

i made the Office XP splitstream with SP3, using the unattended site guide.
i made the Unattended.MST file.

now the Office XP folder takes 977MB :unsure:

i have an error 25003 with the office xp shrinker :(
plz help me if u can.

here's my office2_task.txt (office2.log in the next page) :

Attached Files

| i want to believe |

r0sWell

r0sWell

• PipPip
  • 179 posts
...and here's the office2.log :

Attached Files

| i want to believe |

Charmin Deluxe

Charmin Deluxe

• 19 posts
i'm not sure if it's already posted here but here are the settings for german:

[Language]
lang=German
dir=1031
retry=&Wiederholen
title=Microsoft Office
error=Fehler

btw you got a pm ;)

atlas95

atlas95

Junior

• Pip
  • 75 posts
Hello, Can you help me please, I have 2 error when I try to shrink it:

I resume : Error 1308, can't found XLSLICER.DLL and XL5EN32.OLB

But I've this files !

I don't understand

It's on a french version with word,exel and powerpoint

Thx

Astalavista

Astalavista

MSFN loyalist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,338 posts
i think there is a problem with the french version.

Zardoc

Zardoc

Mad Scientist!!!

• 21 posts
Man I'm a noob at this

Can someone explain Batch files and coding and why French doesn't work!!

Is there a way to slipstream office 2003 pro version without the volume license??

I'm a bit mixed up here.

:wacko:
I think I'm so smart that I'm dumb enough to believe it!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN