Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Office Shrinker [reduce source of o2k3/xp/2k]

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
678 replies to this topic

JohnS

JohnS

• PipPip
  • 114 posts
Well, as there has been 7 people that downloaded my autoit script in here, I upload now a new autoit script that will tell you the 2 words that you need to replace for Office Shrinker to work in any non-english language: "retry" and "error".
I made it just to improve my autoit knowledge.
Enjoy

Attached Files

Edited by JohnS, 17 April 2007 - 05:09 PM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

rickytheanuj

rickytheanuj

• PipPip
  • 264 posts
:blushing: Please.., can any one describe the using process to successfully complete the Office shrinker.

I can't move farword when Office shrinker ask for "setuppls.exe" file in Source office.

:unsure:

martinss

martinss

• 43 posts
can explain in spanish please?

in inglish don't understand :/

or upload office XP shirnked with Word and excel xD

PROBLEMCHYLD

PROBLEMCHYLD

The Resurrector for old Windows OS

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts
Does anyone know how to install M$ Word from office 2000 professional and only Word.
I dont use outlook,powerpoint etc....I just want Word.

Believe God is the Alpha and Omega.
Believe Jesus Christ died for our sins.
Repent for your sins now or there will be
BLOOD

The Path to God

U98SESP3 03-11-2013

rickytheanuj

rickytheanuj

• PipPip
  • 264 posts
Can i shrink office XP without slipstreaming it or (updating it).

i want to install only word, excel & powerpoint. But i m using dialup connection so i can't update, it took many time.

So if possible please describe step-by step to shrink office without slipstream. :wacko:

Kelsenellenelvian

Kelsenellenelvian

WPI Guru

• Developer
  • 8,789 posts
Yes you can...

rickytheanuj

rickytheanuj

• PipPip
  • 264 posts
I tried to shrink my office xp without slipstreaming it. And it done. But when i try to use it it display error that file not found.

When i check the property of Shrinked officexp. It was only 7 mb.
What's wrong.

Please describe how can officexp get shrinked, without slipstreaming it?

revelator

revelator
  • 1 posts
mercii

rickytheanuj

rickytheanuj

• PipPip
  • 264 posts
i tried to shrink office xp but it's final size is only 7mb. What is wrong?

_sergio_

_sergio_

Some kind of Monster

• Pip
  • 66 posts
:hello: Is someone making a shrinker for Office 2k7?
If so please inform

gendouhydeist

gendouhydeist

• PipPip
  • 107 posts
is there any guide on slipstreaming and shrinking office 2003 (guides on first thread has gone)
when i tried to shrink my office i cannot find *.mst setup file?? really confusing

Edited by gendouhydeist, 17 June 2007 - 06:24 AM.

doders

doders
  • 2 posts
Hi All,

Im getting the 25003 error while trying to shrink my Office 2K3 install. I have attached the files for you to look at.

The strange thing is though, when I run the setup with the .mst file manually it installs fine.

Very odd.. Hopefully someone can help me out.

Cheers

Attached Files

abbhishek

abbhishek

Junior

• Pip
  • 94 posts
hi

i would love to shrink my source of office but whenever i do it i get error a lot of errors and nothing is done.

most of the errors ar ERROR 1308
AND THESE WINDOWS COME AND GO CONTINIOUSLY

i have tried atleast 10 times and every time i get the same problem

anybogy please tell what are the problems..........
pleaaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Chickensaur

Chickensaur
  • 3 posts
I was able to seemingly get everything working, but after the installation completes, the green bar goes backwards and the software uninstalls itself.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0KRam

0KRam
  • 2 posts
Hi, this is my modified version of Office Shrink.
It should support every language automatically, and avoid all problems of program exiting at the beginning of execution.
OfficeShrink2.zip

chifliiiii

chifliiiii
  • 4 posts
i need HELP!!!!!

I followed all the steps but something is happening with 7zip. that my silent install is not working.

I tested to install it after the shrunk proccess and it works great.
Then after i 7zip it it wont work again. If i make the silent install it will just roll back ont he middle of the isntallation so i took out the /qb- switch to see what its happening and i get error 1309: Error reading from file: c:\windows\temp\7zs58.tmp\files\pfiles\common\msshared\srceng\ose.exe and if i click ignore i get a lot more. I already did the 7z compress 3 times always with same result?

Any clue of what could be the problem??.

Thankss

sk8er_boi

sk8er_boi

I have a headache

• PipPip
  • 144 posts
Has anyone succeeded shrinking a O2003 Sp3? My script always stops at somewhere saying some files not found.

Lucius Snow

Lucius Snow

• PipPip
  • 247 posts

Has anyone succeeded shrinking a O2003 Sp3? My script always stops at somewhere saying some files not found.

No success here. It says the shrink "is already complete" although the the OS is clean (without any install of Office before). And then when i run the shrinked version of Office, the install completes so it seems to work. However, when i launch Outlook and then i configure an account, it says some components are missing.

There's another problem too : it configures Office for the current Windows profile only. So when i launch any Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook or Powerpoint) from another Windows account, the progress bar appears to install some components again.

I tried by creating a new MST file with ORKA but that didn't change anything ... I never had any of these problems with SP2 before.

Edited by Lucius Snow, 20 September 2007 - 08:07 AM.

Lucius Snow

Lucius Snow

• PipPip
  • 247 posts

However, when i launch Outlook and then i configure an account, it says some components are missing.

There's another problem too : it configures Office for the current Windows profile only. So when i launch any Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook or Powerpoint) from another Windows account, the progress bar appears to install some components again.

Well it's finally not due to Office shrinker. Those problems occur everytime i want to use Office with a new user account. Anyone knows how to configures Office through setup.exe with other Windows accounts ?

ZileXa

ZileXa

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
Hi there, I wanted to let everyone who still has problems installing shrinked Office (at T13) know the following:
When I install Office AFTER installing .Net Framework 2 + 3, I get an error (you can only click OK) and installation will fail (rollback).

I looked up the error number and found out it was caused by some files/reg entries still in use by .Net Framework. This is extremely weird since I use VMCLEANER.exe (kills all tasks after installation) to speed up the whole process of installing Apps.
Unfortunately I forgot the error number!

So the solution is: Install Office FIRST! after Office you can install .Net Framework 2+ 3

@Lucius Snow, it seems I now have the exact same problem you have, Office tries to install at every first logon for any account! Ofcourse it fails since the installation files are not on the harddrive (they were only temporarily extracted for setup!).
The only thing I can think of: FormatCOnverters.exe! I've added this to my office setup (enables you to open, edit and save office 2007 files). I'll test later without this.

Edited by ZileXa, 25 September 2007 - 02:27 PM.

ZileXa

ZileXa

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
OK so I tested without formatconvertors. No change.

My Office only consists of Word, Excel Powerpoint, Dutch (NL) version, with NL+ENG spellcheck.

If I cancel the installation at first login (have to press cancel several times) I can start Word, Excel and Powerpoint without any problems... so they ARE installed. However when I start Excel, it wants to install something again, so I cancel it again. Excel works flawless.

I think this issue should get its own topic since it's NOT Shrinker related, my Shrinked Office works perfectly on my CD from January 2007. Exactly the same Office, just a lot more updates for Windows and I install more apps....
So some application triggers Office to install some extra stuff...

mara-

mara-

Office Integrator Developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts

Yes, I made it successfully. Everything works perfect. Even with new Windows account everything is OK. Only on launch of Excel a progress bar appeared and it completed successfully (it did not asked me for any file), and then Excel launched. For the rest of applications I did not get progress bar and all of it are working properly.

I don't know why are you guys having problems.

Cheers ;)

Lucius Snow

Lucius Snow

• PipPip
  • 247 posts
The odd thing is that it occurs with SP3 and not SP2.

@ZileXa : Thanks for your feedback. Glag to know i'm not the only one. Let me know if there's any progress. For now, i stick with SP2 ;)

ZileXa

ZileXa

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts
huh, I am using Office+SP2!
Like I said, I didn't change my Office installer (didn't update it either). Only my windows cd has been updated.

Edited by ZileXa, 02 October 2007 - 05:35 AM.

Lucius Snow

Lucius Snow

• PipPip
  • 247 posts

huh, I am using Office+SP2!
Like I said, I didn't change my Office installer (didn't update it either). Only my windows cd has been updated.

Hmm very odd. I have the inverse situation. My CD hasn't been changed but i just updated from Office 2003+SP2 to Office 2003+SP3. By the way i tried with my MST file and with a new one created. No change.

Do you get troubles too when you try to configure an Outlook account with another Windows user profile ? It asks me to insert the CD. Once again, that never happened with Office 2003+SP2.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN