Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

FM2 APM

- - - - - win2k fm2 apm

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

tramtrist

tramtrist

Junior

• Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Joined 28-December 12

It seems I do not have advanced power management enabled in my windows 2000 install on my FM2 board (fm2a75m-itx r2.0).  The APM tab missing.

I cannot shut down or reboot the system and it will not go to sleep.  Is it simply not possible to get it installed on that kind of board?  

It also runs at full speed all the time and there doesnt seem to be an 15f processor compatible k10ctl utility available.  What am I to do?

I am almost to the point of selling the board/chip and getting a new comporable intel board.  What do you guys think?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

GrofLuigi

GrofLuigi

GroupPolicy Tattoo Artist

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts
  • Joined 21-April 05

Have you tried this?

GL

tramtrist

tramtrist

Junior

• Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Joined 28-December 12

Thread looked promising but I do not have an APM tab anywhere.  I'm trying different drivers to see what works but nothing has seemed to help.

tramtrist

tramtrist

Junior

• Pip
  • 54 posts
  • Joined 28-December 12

After reading through a few threads I'm wondering if the AHCI drier isnt the culprit http://www.msfn.org/...rivers-for-amd/

@tomasz86 what was your solution to it?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: win2k, fm2, apm

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users