Event 1202 warning referencing to SceCli

Hello again. I took a look at the Event Viewer and I found some sort of a problem regarding SceCli (found in \WINDOWS\system32 directory) and I've been getting a Event 1202 warning referencing to SceCli up to every two hours since I installed UURollup v11 2013-06-16d on the 7th of August as far as I know.

When I click on the warning, I get this message:

Security policies are propagated with warning. 0x4b8 : An extended error has occurred.

For best results in resolving this event, log on with a non-administrative account and search http://support.microsoft.com for "Troubleshooting Event 1202s".

The information regarding Scecli.dll errors can be found here: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc783523%28v=ws.10%29.aspx

I did a check in the sceedut.sdb file in the C:\WINDOWS\security\Database directory and it hasn't been updated since 2013-08-06 20:39:50. That was when I installed UURollup v11 2013-06-16d.

Update 1: I went into the Group Policy Editor under Administrative Tools in the Control Panel and under Local Computer Policy > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Account Policies and Local Policies, I receive the following error:

Windows cannot open the local policy database.

An unknown error occurred when attempting to open the database.

Update 2: The Event 1202 error finally went away.

All I had to do was to go into Safe Mode and do the following:

1. Open the %SystemRoot%\Security folder, create a new folder, and then name it "OldSecurity".
2. Move all of the files ending in .log from the %SystemRoot%\Security folder to the OldSecurity folder.
3. Find the Secedit.sdb file in the %SystemRoot%\Security\Database folder, and then rename this file to "Secedit.old".
4. Click Start > Run, type mmc and then click OK.
5. Click Console, click Add/Remove Snap-in, and then add the Security and Configuration snap-in.
6. Right-click Security and Configuration and Analysis, and then click Open Database.
7. Browse to the %TEMP% folder, type Secedit.sdb in the File name box, and then click Open.
8. When you are prompted to import a template, click Setup Security.inf, and then click Open.
9. Copy %TEMP%\Secedit.sdb %SystemRoot%\Security\Database.

In regards to #7, I actually extracted the secedit.sdb file from the Windows 2000.vhd file and then place it in the C:\WINDOWS\TEMP folder to rebuild the security database and when I was done, I rebooted and the security policies were applied successfully!

I also deleted the secedit.old file and the log files in the OldSecurity subfolder.

Since this error went away for now, I will eventually have to reboot in a few days to see if the error comes back or not. :)

Edited by ppgrainbow