Blue Screen after slipstreaming WinXP with Nlite

biggreddtruck

I have been working on this for a couple of day now to no resolve. I am trying to take a Dell Windows XP Pro x86 install disk and make and up to date version using Nlite. Every time I make an iso with Nlite I get the blue screen during the install. Specifically, the setup process begins and loads some stuff then states it is starting windows. It waits for a few seconds and blue screens giving me errors 0x0000007B (0xf78d2524 0xc0000034 0x00000000 0x00000000).

I have tried several attempts changing settings in Nlite with no change. I have tried to use a different burning software with no change. I have tried using a usb install instead of a disk with no change. I have tried applying the lates sp3 download from Windows and I have went and downloaded the updates from the site in the tutorial. Nothing has changed the blue screen.

I did verify that the dell disk itself is working. It moves right passed the starting windows step and goes into the setup.

Does anyone have any solutions? I have searched the forum and found some closely related articles but none that have corrected this issue.

Thanks for any help!

Last Session (2013.10.09-11.43.39).ini

I did verify that the dell disk itself is working. It moves right passed the starting windows step and goes into the setup.

Have you checked that on the same machine ? Does it then show the disk and partitions (if any).

@Kel, if he doesn't remove those drivers, why are they missing from the resulting disk ?

Is it not the case of integrating Windows Media updates on a source that doesn't contain the MediaPlayer version for which those updates are intended ?

As rule of thumb, in the good ol'times of Bart's PE Builder, there was a saying like "Oh, no, it's a DELL".

For some strange reasons DELL install CD's have a few modifications that need to be fixed to build a PE from them, it is possible that some of the same modifications *somehow* alter the working of nlite, since it involves a permission on a "services" key in the Registry SETUPREG.HIV.

http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?showtopic=15138

http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?showtopic=15138&st=29

jaclaz