Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Not trying hotpatching because root package is not hotpatch-aware

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

maxXPsoft

maxXPsoft

MSFN Master

• Developer
  • 2,880 posts

FYI

I got this error for each of the updates in the dism.log using Win 8.1 ADK RTM on my Windows 7 /Add-Package /PackagePath:

Not trying hotpatching because root package is not hotpatch-aware: Package_for_KB2476490~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0

149 times. Its ok because the updates do inject and I ran a setup and it was fully updated.

Edited by maxXPsoft, 14 October 2013 - 09:42 AM.

Download ++> Windows 7 + 8 Unattended DVD + App Installer + Services Disabler + Load All Button + XML Creator
Jump2Reg - Registry: - Oct 4, 2013 - Version 3.0.4 - 98, ME, NT, 2K, XP, VISTA, Seven, Windows 8+ and 32 or 64 bit

XP Unattended CD/DVD creator - Version 4.1.7
Sample xml + Setupcomplete + Add Right click .wim Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

after Windows 7 GA still Vista lover :)

• Patrons
  • 5,941 posts

Donator

this is only an information. It only shows that hotpatching doesn't work. MS doesn't use this feature very often.

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN