1. 1. What p2p program do you use most?

• Direct Connect
    • Kazzaa
    • Morpheus
    • LameWire
    • Napster
    • Edonkey
    • WinMX

i mostly use Kazaa Lite, since it gives the most accurate results since there are usually like 2 million people on..

sometimes i use edonkey with sharereactor, works awesome

thanks to big booger for suggesting it :)

For some reason I dont like Kazaa nor Edonkey, each time I try one of them it's always slow, and my downloads get closed down :) . And Yes I have been using the sharereactor website, but still no luck.

For some reason I dont like Kazaa nor Edonkey, each time I try one of them it's always slow, and my downloads get closed down :rolleyes: . And Yes I have been using the sharereactor website, but still no luck.

well as far as i know, the users are NOT allowed to close down uploads in edonkey, there is no option at all to do so to keep it fair for everyone and so that everyone can get everything they need :)

Well blackwar...i beg to differ....you have to look harder the option is there...but i think its sot of messed up......

as far as kazaa being slow....its all up to the person your downloading it from...if u want to get a good solid down speed make sure the bandwidth is high...

-Drew

Well blackwar...i beg to differ....you have to look harder the option is there...but i think its sot of messed up......

as far as kazaa being slow....its all up to the person your downloading it from...if u want to get a good solid down speed make sure the bandwidth is high...

-Drew

well you can, but if you reduce it to 0, then your maximum download speed drops by a lot also :)

which i don't think anyone wants

• 6 months later...

Firewalls can be used inconjunction with with any and all p2p applications....software firewalls will prompt you with a notifcation that a particular programs is using a particular port but you can make rules within the soft-firewall to alloy these ussages with out constand nagging. While using A hard firewall such as a router, in some cases you must open particular port ranges to certian cmputers behinf the firewall inorder for the application to have such parmissions to upload and or download etc etc.

Firewalls do not prtect you aginst adware, for the most part you willingly download spyware and adware without being aware of it..appliactions like ad-aware are good applications to detect such ad and spy ware and get rid of it....i reccomend it highly

heres a link

Ad-Aware

=Drew