Post Your Windows 8.1 Desktop

MrGRiM

Thought I would start a thread for members to show off there Windows 8.1 desktops :)

Here is my Windows 8.1 desktop with my HUD Machine Red theme.

Using Start Is Back by Tihy and Aero Glass by Big Muscle, Ribbon Disabler and also My shell32.dll Details pane mod to bring back the details pane, plus many other changes with my HUD Machine Icons and extras Pack.

l8x15rzzym3iawwfg.jpg

7vwnwo109za1a3cfg.jpg

This theme is not available yet so don't ask where to get it.

bummers!

May I then ask WHEN will it be available? (just to do so before anyone else asks that ;))

jaclaz

Well actually this theme is part of a series that I have on Windows 7 that is available now, but it is not a free theme, I do make many free themes but I also have my own website http://virtualcustoms.net and this is one of my Premium themes that i will be selling in my shop to help support the site, the HUD Machine Windows 7 themes sell for $4.95 US but for Windows 8 I will be making them less, probably only $2.95, mostly for the fact Windows 8 needs to have support from 3rd party developers like Tihy for the start menu and Big Muscle for Aero, plus there are other mods like my Details pane mod that breaks the app store.

Not to mention that Windows 8 will keep updating every year so most likely the theme will have to be updated every new Windows 8 update release, as far as a release date goes, well this is one of 5 colors and I still have work to do on this one as well as the other 4 that I have not even started on, so hopefully within a couple of months for the whole series but I may release this one earlier when I am happy with it's completion.

Your theme looks nice, but why you have to use Aero Glass with it. I don't see any transparency on the open windows.

Thanks, there is a little bit of transparency but Aero Glass isn't a requirement really for this theme unless you want to use Black glass enhanced, that program gives the entire window transparency and is ideal for dark themes and will only work in combination with Aero Glass.

• 2 weeks later...

My theme is neiio's 'Work For Windows 8', available at deviantART, modified graciously by MrGrim, due to a request I made recently in another thread here at MSFN, to be more compatible with the way Windows 8.1 displays text in the title-bar (MrGrim created 2 custom-mods of the theme, I'll link the thread below the screenshots, one with white text and one with no text, both easily configurable to hide the background image that MS has added to the title-bar texting). My wallpapers are custom-made by me, a set of 27 (rotating every 30-sec.) images that feature the Peugeot Onyx concept car, designed with RocketDock and RainMeter borders. RainMeter-skins in the right area are from 'Rainify', the peeled (left-top) one was made by gsw953, another great theme-maker/designer/jack-of-all-trades who's a member at deviantART, Virtual Customs, and several other great sites, AIMP3 skin is called Hearts Desire, timedate images (clock) are my creations, icons are Variations For Windows 8, a 7tsp icon-installer put together by UltimateDesktops (at deviantART), using original creations from GuillenDesign, also popular there at DA. System Properties image is a .png I made, applied with the program "Windows 7 System Properties Logo Changer", which works fine with Win8 and 8.1, RocketDock-skin/icons are my creations.

QEzsyzr.jpg

Sf1W0Co.png

Get MrGrim's modded version of the Work theme here: http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/169469-title-bar-text-and-background-in-windows-81/#entry1058139 (post # 10)

Or from here: http://www.mediafire.com/download/86tjmjnowavavju/Work_Grim_mod.zip

Edited by YourNumbr1Fan

• 5 months later...

Thought I would start a thread for members to show off there Windows 8.1 desktops :)

Here is my Windows 8.1 desktop with my HUD Machine Red theme.

Using Start Is Back by Tihy and Aero Glass by Big Muscle, Ribbon Disabler and also My shell32.dll Details pane mod to bring back the details pane, plus many other changes with my HUD Machine Icons and extras Pack.

l8x15rzzym3iawwfg.jpg

7vwnwo109za1a3cfg.jpg

Holy cow.. that was one hell of ugly theme. It reminds me Linux GUI from 90s.

• 3 years later...

Wow! Great Windows 9x-like look!!! That must've taken some doing!!

How did you do it? How stable is it?? The best I can manage is to get 8.1 to look somewhat like an updated Windows 7. Any attempt to activate the Classic theme crashes everything for me.

c

11 hours ago, cc333 said:

Any attempt to activate the Classic theme crashes everything for me.

Classic theme actually switches on quite easy, there are multiple methods, I use quite complicated one:

http://winclassic.boards.net/thread/43/windows-classic-theme-resident-programs

It is totally stable.

Edited by Anixx

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...