The problem is that when I downloaded the iso of 8.1 pro and installed it, yes it upgraded but I simply couldnt activate it.. I tried all the keys for windows 8.0 that are provided to us by our Volume Licensing and none of them worked. I was pretty much stuffed as there was no way of rolling it back so I had to reinstall 8.0 again as 8.1 would not activate whatever key I tried.
I just dont want to risk trying that again because it took me a considerable amount of time to restore all the local software etc.
It just doesn't make sense why Microsoft has made this upgrade such an ordeal for volume licenced customers.
I even phoned up my vlsc provider and asked them but they couldn't really help as they said it should work but they had not got any other clients who had atempted it yet.
I also saw a few people claiming workarounds by hacking methods / disconnecting the internet / running scripts / regedit. But the thing is that I don't know why I should need to be doing that as I am a fully licenced customer and pay a huge amount every year to have VLSC. Like I said I'm baffled and have lost confidence in Windows 8.
Edited by dubsdj, 27 October 2013 - 07:34 AM.