Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

An update fix in -X- list is out of order, in my experience

- - - - - hotfix nLite post SP3

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

GideonK

GideonK

• 33 posts

Hi -X-, using the post SP3 fixes from your latest list (http://xdot.tk/updates.html) I'm successfully installing Windows XP except for one high priority fix IE8-WindowsXP-kb2879017-x86-ENU.exe which is in your list but is not integrating and still is being asked for by Windows update.

I therefore moved up to the top of the list the following fix: IE8-WindowsXP-x86-ENU.exe.

Hey, it worked. the aforementioned fix is now integrating successfully.

Could you please change the order in your list? Am I the only one who has to make this change to the list?

Best regards, Gideon.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

-X-

-X-

• Patrons
  • 2,401 posts

Donator

The order in the list is fine. IE8 is before KB9879017.

It's due to a limitation of nLite. I told nuhi about it in August. He should have it covered in the next release.

In the meantime you are suppossed to order the updates by date with the oldest first. Just click the date column to do so.

Download all Windows XP Post SP3 High-Priority Updates with a simple double click @ xdot.tk post-12166-0-42859000-1399044129.png ]
               If someone helps you fix a problem, please report back so they and others can benefit from the solution. Thanks!

GideonK

GideonK

• 33 posts

OK -X-, duly noted. Thanks. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: hotfix, nLite, post SP3

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN