SP1 info

Reverend

:) Just installed SP1 Beta, what a massive file update that was, The SP1 download was just over 41000KB and updated 1044 files, creating a new windows/ServicePackFiles folder of 243 MB (254,929,825 bytes).

Dont yet know if its made any major changes, all ive noticed so far is that messenger didnt appear twice in my taskbar after reeboot.

Ill keep you informed.

Question, doesnt M$ have a database with all its corp keys it issues? in theory wouldnt a generated one not match there database and thus lockout updates...it is already said you won't be frozen on the copy you have installed, you jus wont be able to get updates..and really if your XP works fine why do you even need the updates..besides its true if you can write it you can crack it..so its jus a matter of time b4 you have a workaround...M$ against the Tech community of the world and its resolve?..my money is on the wOrLd.. :)

I have lots of probs with XP and my computer. I am guessing that it's my mobo and vid card combo but who knows. XP has never ran beautifully on my computer...I get a blue screen daily and frankly, I have just learned to accept it like we all did with Win98. Anyway, maybe this SP1 will be a glimmer of hope to resolve my computers issue with XP.

Rick :)

Rick, you ever ran Memtest86 on your PC? Since you're having so much bad luck with all the OSs, you probably have a faulty RAM module, usually bad RAM modules cause all problems.

ricks had that trouble since he built his pc, are you still running it with no Thermal compound on the cpu? im sure you had slapped too much on when you first did it, as the pc wouldnt boot when u applied it, you could have damaged your cpu :)

it does sound like ram though

Well sp1 really messed up here. Darn system info and the build in firewall are dead. I mean completey dead. And I know it was sp1 cause I did a backup and checked everything before and it worked right before I installed sp1. Guess I'll be going back to normal. Funny though microsoft was suppose to block the FCKGW Corp. key. I used it and it installed perfectly. And um I've reinstalled sp1 5 times now with different keys each time and the same thing happens each time and when I delete sp1 my system info and firewall work so I know its sp1. oh well

cya,

Will