oioldman

what is it worth?

4 posts in this topic

hello all,

I am looking to replace my computer as it unfortunately doesn't what I need any more.

I work from home and use it to run a lot of vmware guests so can lab up systems and also use it for general pc usage.

I am wondering what i would get for the old system, though not sure if i am allowed to ask so apologies if i am breaking a rule.

So, these are the components & case i am looking to sell as a single lump and thoughts on what i should/could ask for are appreciated.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40GHz - Kentsfield 65nm Technology

RAM: 8GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 400MHz (6-6-6-18)

Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC. P5E-VM HDMI (LGA775)

Graphics: 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT (ASUStek Computer Inc)

Optical Drives: PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-218L ATA Device

Audio: Realtek High Definition Audio

Case: Antec P182

PSU: 550w Asus i think, not sure how to tell without taking out!

Thank you.

You could check the prices at eCreek, knowing that:

- "Buy it now", often by professionals, tend to be expensive and take months to sell;

- Auctions, often by non-pro, are cheaper, so just follow a few ones to the end to make an idea;

- Separate parts earn you much more money than the complete computer;

- But making all sales simultaneously is better: buyers can save on grouped shipping and check all your sales.

My opinion on this.

Anything below a 3Ghz must be backed up by a more powerful Graphics card.

AGP 8X should be the standard, but thier are different uses. If not PCI16X should be the standard. Meaning a low PCI16X should stand as a high AGP.

ASUS board depends on the compatibility. They are all over the place.

om must be ready. Is it region free? I believe it was June 200X, when all DVD drives got region blocked......

PSu must be a power user ready, you need to check varibles.

What makes this thing valuable is amount of RAM you have, with it. Meaning that is a good thing, for the RAM shake.

What about?

Is the case a tower, and is it cosmetic, or a boring space case, from the early 1990's?

About the NIC card? is their an NIC card?

Sound card???

Edited by ROTS

My opinion on this.

Yes, do give us an opinion on a Topic created on 01 November 2013 - 10:27 AM

and having one single response on 30 December 2013 - 04:44 PM

The Original poster didn't want an OPINION on the HARDWARE, they wanted to know what HARDWARE they specified was WORTH (as a unit). The second post gave a suggestion. You gave nothing on a four month old topic and I'll bet that the OP already either kept it or sold it by now.

BTW - http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

10. We do not encourage the raising of post counts or creating threads that state you have reached a post count milestone, unlike other forums that do. Remember, there are no prizes in store for those with a very high number of posts!

Have you ever read the Rules?

Or maybe you felt this Topic needed a bump every two months? :unsure: