Windows Update problems after Windows installation

Mauri

Hello, I have a problem with my W7, I do a clean install in my laptop and no matter if I install drivers first or not, when I run WU and reaches 18% download takes hours to finish and do not install all the selected updates showing me there weren't installed XX updates.

I have 2 laptops and in one of them I have to install only the wifi card, reboot and then run WU and do it correctly but if I install all the drivers first and then run WU don't install some of the uptades.

Any kind of help to make the WU progress % bar goes on without hours of waiting for nothing.

*** while stays on 18%, I go to "ver historial de actualizaciones" and I see the updates are being installed but almost all of them with "errores" in the status....

thanks

post-129732-0-52552200-1383403955_thumb.

Edited by Mauri

Well one thing that can happen is that one or more of the updates has a EULA dialog that appears in a separate smaller window, usually behind the main Windows Update window. So the updates stop while it waits for the user to click on the agreement. It looks like your Windows Update is maximized to full screen, so you can ALT-TAB to switch to other windows to check.

If the taskbar is set to autohide I think its possible to completely miss the EULA.

I'm not sure what happens after an extended period of time, for example does the update needing the user to click time-out and then not get executed? That's a good question.

To avoid this I usually keep the Windows Update window small, and off to the side ( not in the default center location where all windows appear ) so that secondary windows that popup are visible.

Problem still there. EULA only one at the beggining of the downloads and that's all.

May I try with another copy of windows 7? an untouched one or not? I have an original ISO of Premium x64 and I made another one with x86 / x64 versions of all Windows 7 available (I used this DVD)...

I think nothing will change 'cause the installation completes with no problems at all.

thanks

post-129732-0-15387900-1383478236_thumb.

Edited by Mauri

Ok, I solved the problem choosing only to download all the updates and waited until they were 100% downloaded, and then pressed to install, was the only way to have it correctly :)