Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

truexfan81

Aero Glass ThemeAtlas

Recommended Posts

xemnes    2
31 minutes ago, bykaracivi45TR said:

doesnt really answer his question, you need an acompanying .layout file with the atlas png for the theme to look correct. just make sure the .layout file is there then simply select the .png the same way as you did before. also note that the .layout must be designed for windows 10 as ones made for windows 8 dont work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote    0

i was wondering about that the people just provided the theme atlas image but not the layout files. Anybody who has a layout file for Win 10?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Quote said:

i was wondering about that the people just provided the theme atlas image but not the layout files. Anybody who has a layout file for Win 10?

But specifically for which theme atlas?, there are several themes compatible with windows 10

Edited by carlitosoo555

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xemnes    2

ive modified a theme atlas i have downloaded from here (most credit goes to him):

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Theme-Atlas-Collection-for-Windows-10-14393-658193357

this is as close as i have been able to get windows 10 look like windows 7, the rounded corners and the buttons are pixel crisp with no blurriness. only exception is some windows that dont use a border radius and modernframe.

im also using this windows 7 theme to skin the ui elements, using the atlas ive modified over the top.

Aero 7 Themes for Win10 Final

s7xtCIE.jpgm

win7atlas.zip

Edited by xemnes
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
furyzer0    0

Hi i am looking for a theme which is compatible for modern apps(especially edge). Something looks like same as windows 10, but has blur.

Edit: I found

Edited by furyzer0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
evgnb    9
On 19.01.2017 at 8:18 AM, xemnes said:

ive modified a theme atlas i have downloaded from here (most credit goes to him):

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Theme-Atlas-Collection-for-Windows-10-14393-658193357

this is as close as i have been able to get windows 10 look like windows 7, the rounded corners and the buttons are pixel crisp with no blurriness. only exception is some windows that dont use a border radius and modernframe.

im also using this windows 7 theme to skin the ui elements, using the atlas ive modified over the top.

Aero 7 Themes for Win10 Final

win7atlas.zip

Do not work for me

png - win7 errata.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xemnes    2
8 hours ago, evgnb said:

Do not work for me

png - win7 errata.png

i didnt consider peak when i was editing it. it doesnt bother me too much

Edited by xemnes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
daveo76    71
On 19/01/2017 at 3:48 PM, xemnes said:

ive modified a theme atlas i have downloaded from here (most credit goes to him):

http://www.deviantart.com/art/Theme-Atlas-Collection-for-Windows-10-14393-658193357

this is as close as i have been able to get windows 10 look like windows 7, the rounded corners and the buttons are pixel crisp with no blurriness. only exception is some windows that dont use a border radius and modernframe.

im also using this windows 7 theme to skin the ui elements, using the atlas ive modified over the top.

Aero 7 Themes for Win10 Final

s7xtCIE.jpgm

win7atlas.zip

This is fantastic thanks. Not needed to modifier any windows system files.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
UCyborg    70

@xemnes

If you edited the PNG so it wouldn't depend on the layout file, it would be perfect. I put it in aero 2.msstyles (part of sagorpirbd's Aero 7 Clear theme) with Resource Hacker (first item under STREAM) and it works well for both regular and modern apps, there is just this whitish line near bottom border of min/max/close buttons.

Edited by UCyborg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
sierra117    0

Thanks @xemnes! It feels great to be able to use glass once more. However, and I apologise if this has been answered already, but I am unable to change the taskbar to the aero style taskbar. Aero7's deviantart page has a comment that there is a need for StartIsBack but I saw that it has some pricing thing going on, plus it is primarily a start menu replacement, for which I am already using Classic Start. I usually try out a lot of things myself but with Win10 I've had the horrible experience of ending up with an unusable desktop so I don't want to take the risk before asking!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for using my theme atlas, if you want to contact me, please contact me via deviantart about the theme, You can sign up for deviantart for FREE!

 

If you want the windows 7 one on its own visit:

Windows Vista/7 Theme atlas for Windows 10.14393

If you want the Titlebar on modern apps follow instructions on it, When downloading Aero Glass, tick protect Aero Glass by adjusting access permissions for Titlebar on modern apps. Ultra Uxtheme Patcher 3.17 is a virus, damages desktop but Ux style theme patcher is not a virus, it makes themes work with Aero Glass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
xemnes    2
On 02/02/2017 at 8:32 PM, Rayhaan Sheikh said:

If you want the windows 7 one on its own visit:

Windows Vista/7 Theme atlas for Windows 10.14393

If you want the Titlebar on modern apps follow instructions on it, When downloading Aero Glass, tick protect Aero Glass by adjusting access permissions for Titlebar on modern apps. Ultra Uxtheme Patcher 3.17 is a virus, damages desktop but Ux style theme patcher is not a virus, it makes themes work with Aero Glass.

this is what i used to try perfect the caption buttons, your version sadly blurs them which looks awful and the window corners arent rounded like my modified version.

On 31/01/2017 at 2:23 AM, sierra117 said:

Thanks @xemnes! It feels great to be able to use glass once more. However, and I apologise if this has been answered already, but I am unable to change the taskbar to the aero style taskbar. Aero7's deviantart page has a comment that there is a need for StartIsBack but I saw that it has some pricing thing going on, plus it is primarily a start menu replacement, for which I am already using Classic Start. I usually try out a lot of things myself but with Win10 I've had the horrible experience of ending up with an unusable desktop so I don't want to take the risk before asking!

startisback is the only application i know of that skins the taskbar to look like windows 7. iirc, it uses msstyles to do it directly. ive been using it ever since i got windows 10 when it was released and its not broken anything. its a solid piece of software and i think its the best start menu replacement out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×