Need Cpu-Z equivalent for Ram

pointertovoid

Hello nice people!

Wanting these days to check a new Ram, I realize my software dates back to the PIII... So I look for more recent ones, that understand what a dual channel and a double data rate are.

Is there a small nice software, a bit like Cpu-Z, that reliably tells much about the Ram? What I'd like:

- Read the Spd, tell what speed+latency+voltage combinations the manufacturer foresees (Cpu-Z does)

- Tell what speed+latency+voltage is currently used (Cpu-Z does)

- If possible from the same software, measure the latency, read speed, write speed (Cpu-Z does not)

Preferably running with Windows, and even better W2k. I have Aida32/Everest/Aida64 and doubt its Cas Ras.

Running with Dos as Ctcm7 did would be acceptable.

It doesn't need to test the reliability of the Ram, since I prefer to do that outside any OS (Memtest86+).

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you both!

I've installed Speccy and Passmark, which are both nice pieces of software. They display information obtained from the Spd on the modules, in a useful and informative way.

More suggestions are welcome, to measure the latency and throughput by benchmarks.

Somebody out their fixed CPU-Z for WIndows 9x and 3.1. They have a website, with all kinds of edited display drivers and stuff. I believe somebody also asked for the 9x vesion of CPU-Z. It is a mod or hack, that allows it to also work on XP as well. If somebody has the location of this wonderful programmer, please tell us. He even offered updating of display drivers.....because he is a programer.

This is not commercial software, just a fix for CPU-Z that allows you to use it on 9X and 3.1 computers.

Edited by ROTS