What is it?
OldNewExplorer is the Windows 10 (and Windows 8.1, and 8) shell extension / tweaker which can undo "improvements" to file browsing made in newer Windows version. Everything is optional for your liking.
- Restore devices / drives grouping
Everything is 'Devices and drives'. That's stupid! O-N-E can restore grouping which made sense in Win7/8.
- Restore libraries / remove folders
Remove all those folders which were unoptionally added into Windows 8.1 This PC folder and put the libraries back to their place, without registry hacking / breaking apps.
- Restore command bar / remove Ribbon
Because some people consider it an abomination.
- Restore details pane at bottom
Same reason; reclaim useful horizontal space.
- Improve styling
Get rid of some Win7 stuff here and there; improve styling with some built-in visual styles.
For themers / skinners, O-N-E can help to override a lot of hardcoded styling in Windows 8, maybe even Start screen!
TEST VERSION READ BELOW
- This is a TEST version, no installer. Potentially dangerous too!
- This is for Windows 8.1. Also should work for Windows 8 as well, though 8.1 options do not apply there;
- No changes are enabled by default. If something does not apply, try logging off / restarting explorer.exe;
- Install is for all users, settings are per-user.
For long thoughful posts use email.
Edited by Tihiy, 09 August 2015 - 11:01 AM.