OldNewExplorer 1.1.9

Tihiy

Seems the non themeable issues with Windows 10 is preplanned by Microsoft , I have also noticed my control panel applets that have always worked from XP up to Windows 8.1 will no longer launch as well, Oh well will continue to play with Windows 10 but my main OS will be 8.1.

~DP

Is there a way that I can download the previous version (1.1.5) of O.N.E.? After I installed 1.1.5.1, I encountered this bug:

http://i.imgur.com/DmXtPTs.png

The 'Downloads' folder will appear under 'This PC' for no reason. I can't give exact steps to reproduce it yet. See steps to reproduce it, below.

(As you probably know, by default Windows shows all libraries + 'Downloads' + 'Desktop' under 'This PC')

Exact steps to reproduce it:

• Open Windows Explorer / This PC;
  • Click on the 'Downloads' folder on the right, under 'Libraries'; (<--- has to be the 'Downloads' library, if you open the downloads folder directly the bug doesn't occur)
  • Perform a file operation there (create, delete, rename, move or copy any file)

Strange, I had re-installed it a few times to see if it fixed the bug to no avail. Now it seems it fixed itself?!

Edited by rpsgc

• 3 weeks later...

I used NO add-on software to get This PC on Windows 10 build 10074 to look like this except for bigmuscles' AeroGlass, which is not necessary except for the borders, and a Drive Icon changer for the DVD drive icon.  Other than that, all is done with registry tweaks.  My OS seems to be running incredibly faster with these modifications, also!screenshot_8.png

Edited by dhjohns

• 2 weeks later...

I really like how you can disable the Ribbon and enable glass in the navigation bar.

However, for some reason these two features will not activate in the first Explorer instance. Only by opening Explorer a second time will the Ribbon be disabled and glass enabled. Is it supposed to be like this?

Edited by thenoseknows

What update? It hasn't been updated in over a month.

I was using v1.1.0 20.07.2014 and for long time there wans't update before I came and saw v1.1.5.1 19.04.2015

Edited by winxppro

I have yet to try this on Windows 10, but I know that I'll be using it when I upgrade to it in the future.  I'm still on Windows 8.1, but I have a request regardless:

It would be nice if the user could input a certain number of pixels high that they wanted the Details Pane to be.  I use it all of the time at the bottom, but sometimes I accidentally drag and move it.  It can be very hard to get it back to the same spot that I had as before.  I keep it in the same spot because I use the registry editor to change what details show up in the details pane, and make the amount of details that show up (in the case of music files, at least) just enough to fit into a specific size.  If I could enter the size that I wanted to keep the Details Pane, this could be made much easier and more efficient for me.  Plus, adding more options is just always a good idea to improve any piece of software in general.  I don't know how difficult this would be, but it would certainly benefit me.

• 2 weeks later...

I have yet to try this on Windows 10, but I know that I'll be using it when I upgrade to it in the future.  I'm still on Windows 8.1, but I have a request regardless:

It would be nice if the user could input a certain number of pixels high that they wanted the Details Pane to be.  I use it all of the time at the bottom, but sometimes I accidentally drag and move it.  It can be very hard to get it back to the same spot that I had as before.  I keep it in the same spot because I use the registry editor to change what details show up in the details pane, and make the amount of details that show up (in the case of music files, at least) just enough to fit into a specific size.  If I could enter the size that I wanted to keep the Details Pane, this could be made much easier and more efficient for me.  Plus, adding more options is just always a good idea to improve any piece of software in general.  I don't know how difficult this would be, but it would certainly benefit me.

Hi!

I've used it without issue in Win 10 TP without issues. I didn't even reflect that it wasen't a default feature to move the pane to the bottom before installing the TP on my main machines. I still have the TP on my Laptop so if anyone wants me to try stuff on it I'd be more than happy to accommodate. I'd even go so far as to hand out some teamviewer logins if that would be helpful.

• 2 weeks later...

When browsing for files in an external application (e.g. trying to upload a file on a web browser), the libraries are not listed on the side. Is there any way to fix this, or will I have to do something like add the libraries to my favourites?