Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

OldNewExplorer - make your 8.1 explorer work like Win7/8 one

test version

• Please log in to reply
291 replies to this topic

Tihiy

Tihiy

the creator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • Joined 19-November 04

Donator

OldNewExplorer 1.1.5

http://tihiy.net/fil...NewExplorer.rar

- Support for Windows 10

(yaay)

If anyone can make decent navigation buttons to make Windows 10 explorer suck less, please do.

• MagicAndre1981, baltagy, MrGRiM and 1 other like this

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Casey Stellar

Casey Stellar

• 14 posts
  • Joined 14-September 14

Tihiy, you definition of a boss you. Are there any significant changes made with regards to Windows 8.1? It isn't broke so, I don't need to fix it but, I do want to know if there are any significant changes.

Casey Stellar

Casey Stellar

• 14 posts
  • Joined 14-September 14

Also, are you from Australia or smething? You dated this a day ahead of the U.S. :o

Tihiy

Tihiy

the creator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts
  • Joined 19-November 04

Donator

There are some changes, but 8.1 should not be affected.

Casey Stellar

Casey Stellar

• 14 posts
  • Joined 14-September 14

Cool. Thanks.

MrGRiM

MrGRiM

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Joined 17-October 12

Donator

Hi Tihiy, just wondering if it's possible to use OldNewExplorer to change the width of the Caption buttons back to how they were in either 7 or 8, this new style in 10 looks horrible, for some reason they made the max/restore and min buttons larger then the close button, I would love to have these back to how they were, I also dislike the new Task Item buttons as well, they are no longer able to be modified fully using the msstyles and this is terrible for themers like myself, I don't know if any of these things can be modified through UI files or not, I have not come across them before.

NoelC

NoelC

Software Engineer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • Joined 08-April 13

You've probably already seen this, but they can be made to look better...

CaptionButtons.gif

-Noel

MrGRiM

MrGRiM

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Joined 17-October 12

Donator

You've probably already seen this, but they can be made to look better...

CaptionButtons.gif

-Noel

Hi Noel, yes I know they can be skinned, that's no problem, I just want to know if it could be possible to revert them to the proportions they were previously, I also know they can be resized in system metrics but this still doesn't change the proportions of them, I know Tihiy has done some amazing wizardry already with the address bar and navigation button spacing so hoping maybe he has some insight on caption buttons as well.

NoelC

NoelC

Software Engineer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,832 posts
  • Joined 08-April 13

I only mentioned it because just last night I was working to port my more recent "skinning" (theme atlas) work back to Win 8.1, and lo and behold I had a moment when I thought the Win 10 way, with the three equal sized buttons, felt better. 

It could be a case where using the new thing for a time could cause its characteristics to grow on you (I wouldn't have believed it possible had it not happened to me after I had initially felt the new proportions felt very wrong).

Or not, in which case I hope someone can hack in a workaround for you.

-Noel

daveo76

daveo76

• PipPip
  • 193 posts
  • Joined 27-August 13

OldNewExplorer 1.1.5

http://tihiy.net/fil...NewExplorer.rar

- Support for Windows 10

(yaay)

If anyone can make decent navigation buttons to make Windows 10 explorer suck less, please do.

Thanks for the Windows 10 support. It works on Win10 10041 x64 but then sometimes it stops working and ribbon comes back on

LuanTeles

LuanTeles

• 41 posts
  • Joined 16-January 14

there`s a way to remove the running programs from taskbar? i want like mac style. i'm using rocket dock, i dont want to hide the taskbar , i just want to rocket dock shows the programs being executed, there's a registry setting to make no icons to appear?

dhjohns

dhjohns

Legend in My Own Mind

• PipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Joined 26-January 14

OldNewExplorer BREAKS Paint, Picasa, and possibly more in Windows 10 TP build 10041.

MrGRiM

MrGRiM

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 366 posts
  • Joined 17-October 12

Donator

OldNewExplorer BREAKS Paint, Picasa, and possibly more in Windows 10 TP build 10041.

Just tested these 2 programs and I can not see anything that looks broken, in what way are you finding them BROKEN?

DosProbie

DosProbie

Friend of MSFN

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 964 posts
  • Joined 16-October 12

Donator

Not having any issues as well, sure you have latest version? What are the file sizes?

~DP

Edited by DosProbie, 28 March 2015 - 11:32 AM.

dhjohns

dhjohns

Legend in My Own Mind

• PipPip
  • 180 posts
  • Joined 26-January 14

I try to open Paint, or Picasa with OldNew installed, and they immediately, or very soon after go to not responding.  Uninstall OldNew, and they are back to normal.  I downloaded from TiHiy's link above.

EDIT:  Interesting, I opened the config file, and clicked install, now everything seems OK.  I never changed a thing.  I have the folder on my C drive, and didn't remove it.  Clicking uninstall several hours ago, then just now clicking install seems to have made the issue go away.  Hmmm....

Edited by dhjohns, 28 March 2015 - 01:09 PM.

tajlund

tajlund
  • 1 posts
  • Joined Yesterday, 02:59 PM

I'm having a problem.  I need to uninstall oldnewexplorer to check something and nothing happens when I click uninstall in the config.

NVM I figured it out.  I had changed it's location since first running it.  Works fine now.

Edited by tajlund, Yesterday, 03:02 PM.

Tusticles

Tusticles

• PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Joined 03-February 13

Some problems with win10 build 10049, open/save file dialog not opening, uninstalling onex solves it. I tried with notepad and wordpad.

18 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 17 guests, 1 anonymous users