Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Aero Glass Cofigurator For Windows 8.1

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

MrGRiM

MrGRiM

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Joined 17-October 12

Donator

Aero Glass Configurator 3.0

27fzxux73b4w53qfg.jpg

2 New Styles Windowed and Light

gr36adv7d5ed6u9fg.jpg8f2aa7ne5dc3nrofg.jpg

This tool is for Big Muscle's Aero Glass for Win8.1 and will let you configure nearly all of the settings for Aero Glass with ease.

Updated version for Aero Glass RC1, now includes the Text Glow mode and cleaned up the script a little bit.

Updated version For Aero Glass for Win8.1 1.0 obsolete settings have been removed and new text glow size option has been added.

http://www.mediafire...urator_v3.0.exe

Below are all the scripts used to make this tool, feel free to reuse or modify the code to your liking.
Spoiler

Edited by MrGRiM, 21 January 2014 - 07:16 PM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Aloha

Aloha

• PipPipPipPip
  • 542 posts
  • Joined 07-February 08

Looks nice. I'll get it in case I'll change my mind and use Aero glass some day.  

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

after Windows 7 GA still Vista lover :)

• Patrons
  • 6,214 posts
  • Joined 28-August 05

Donator

please don't always create tools to tweak Aero, they cause more issues than they solve. Let BM implement it, he knows which settings the DLL uses or not.

Posted Image

ace2

ace2

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Joined 12-June 13

Yes please stop because you will just annoy the developer and give him more problems to deal with.

Edited by ace2, 23 November 2013 - 11:42 AM.

MrGRiM

MrGRiM

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Joined 17-October 12

Donator

Yes please stop because you will just annoy the developer and give him more problem to deal.

Stop being so childish, how old are you 12?

please don't always create tools to tweak Aero, they cause more issues than they solve. Let BM implement it, he knows which settings the DLL uses or not.

Please give an example of my tool causing anyone a problem, this is just a simple UI to set registry settings, all the values also have a clear button to remove any of the added values, it's the safest option I have seen anywhere and the easiest to use.

MagicAndre1981

MagicAndre1981

after Windows 7 GA still Vista lover :)

• Patrons
  • 6,214 posts
  • Joined 28-August 05

Donator

we had this in the past (http://www.msfn.org/...-for-win8-v132/) and this tool only caused issues.

Posted Image

bphlpt

bphlpt

MSFN Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts
  • Joined 12-May 07

I think what Andre means is that while Aero is still in development that it might actually be better to have to be a knowledgeable user in order to play with it.  Tweaking tools might make it appear easy enough to use that some users will play with it that aren't really ready to do so, or they'll use a version of the tool that doesn't match the version of Aero that they're trying to adjust.  They'll get themselves into trouble and then clog up the board with questions and complaints that so-and-so doesn't work right, when it was really their own fault.  I'm sure that once Aero is finalized that all users will greatly appreciate your tweaking tool, and perhaps you and BM can jointly release it, ensuring that only documented and approved settings are adjusted, maybe even only over a set range to keep new users from "hurting" themselves. :)  At least that's my two cents.

Cheers and Regards

Edited by bphlpt, 23 November 2013 - 10:34 AM.

Posted Image

SanicHegehog

SanicHegehog

• 13 posts
  • Joined 28-September 13

It would be nice if this application had a preview window showing what all these values actually do to the Aero Glass effect.

Another suggestion: some of the values (especially those ranging from 0 to 255) could use a slider for easier adjustment.

MrGRiM

MrGRiM

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Joined 17-October 12

Donator

It would be nice if this application had a preview window showing what all these values actually do to the Aero Glass effect.

Another suggestion: some of the values (especially those ranging from 0 to 255) could use a slider for easier adjustment.

If you want to know what the settings do then have a look at the official guide where I got all the registry settings from http://glass8.berlios.de/guide.html

As for having a slider, I have specified the values range and the recommended values, as far as I know HTA scripts don't support having a slider, I am not sure on that though, this was the first time I have ever made one, I just Googled everything I was trying to do, it was all just trial and error to get it where it is, it's totally Open Source though so if you want to alter it and maybe enhance it then be my guest, I mainly just made this tool for myself and thought others may find it handy.

quanzi1507

quanzi1507

• 25 posts
  • Joined 06-July 13

Would be more useful if you include which version of Aero Glass for Windows 8.1 this configurator works best on and which version is currently installed on the user's system (and maybe display a warning or disable the whole thing if the configurator is outdated), so that if BM were to decide to change some key name people would be less likely to run into problems.

MrGRiM

MrGRiM

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Joined 17-October 12

Donator

Would be more useful if you include which version of Aero Glass for Windows 8.1 this configurator works best on and which version is currently installed on the user's system (and maybe display a warning or disable the whole thing if the configurator is outdated), so that if BM were to decide to change some key name people would be less likely to run into problems.

It is compatible with Windows 8.1 only as was stated in the thread title, it has been updated for the current BETA 4 version but will also work on all older builds, the only difference is the registry settings for the theme atlas as that setting wasn't needed on previous builds, also the reflection registry settings were not needed either as the reflection image was integrated with the DWMGlass.dll

If future changes are made to Aero Glass that will mean changes to registry values then I will then release an updated version of the configurator and specify what version it works best on.

There is nothing complicated about this configurator, so please don't overcomplicate things, I am not a programer and this tool is nothing more then a simple script, as I have already mentioned, this was the first time I have even made a HTA script, I used Google to teach me how, if you want to make your own version then feel free.

Main HTA scrip below

Spoiler

MrGRiM

MrGRiM

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Joined 17-October 12

Donator

Updated to version 2.0 for Aero Glass RC1 with Text Glow Mode

m4570d0n

m4570d0n
  • 2 posts
  • Joined 15-June 13
Seems to work well. The UI is pretty gross though, and also looks like it was make for Windows 95. Additionally, the cheesy startup sound should be removed and never heard again, ever.

I noticed that if you have a value set already and click on "set" to open up the popup window to enter the value, but then click "cancel" it does not actually cancel, but instead erases the value that was already set and replaces it with a value of zero.

For example, if it said I had the Active Color Balance set to "22" and then click on the "set" button, and then click on the "cancel" button on the popup window, it will now show that the Active Color Balance is set to "0", not "22".

Edited by m4570d0n, 06 December 2013 - 11:25 AM.

MrGRiM

MrGRiM

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Joined 17-October 12

Donator

Seems to work well. The UI is pretty gross though, and also looks like it was make for Windows 95. Additionally, the cheesy startup sound should be removed and never heard again, ever.

I noticed that if you have a value set already and click on "set" to open up the popup window to enter the value, but then click "cancel" it does not actually cancel, but instead erases the value that was already set and replaces it with a value of zero.

For example, if it said I had the Active Color Balance set to "22" and then click on the "set" button, and then click on the "cancel" button on the popup window, it will now show that the Active Color Balance is set to "0", not "22".

2 New styles added and sound removed.

As for the cancel button, well tbh I could not figure out how to change it from putting a value of -2147483647 I have no idea where this value comes from but that's what it does, the only way round that I could find was to have a fall back value so if nothing was entered or if you hit cancel it reverted to a default value.

Edited by MrGRiM, 06 December 2013 - 05:30 PM.

MrGRiM

MrGRiM

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Joined 17-October 12

Donator

Updated again with 2 new styles added and start sound removed.

kientrongtran

kientrongtran
  • 3 posts
  • Joined 17-April 13

Attached File  Screenshot (3).jpg   59.67KB   5 downloads

I'm a little new to all this. How can I enable text glow effect like in Windows 7, even using the newest AeroGlass (RC1)? I tried every mode in the Configurator but to no avail, I guess it has something to do with theme atlas, but I really have no idea what it is, can you help me with it? 

Thanks in advance

Edited by kientrongtran, 06 December 2013 - 08:57 PM.

rocky

rocky

Junior

• Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Joined 01-October 13

hi MrGRiM :hi:,
thanks for this configurator
I just tried this. when I have OldNewExplorer (by Tihiy) installed, configurator get not responding when I try to browse theme atlas, but fine without OldNewExplorer.
I wonder if it just me. Maybe you could check it also on your side
thanks a lot :)

MrGRiM

MrGRiM

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Joined 17-October 12

Donator

hi MrGRiM :hi:,
thanks for this configurator
I just tried this. when I have OldNewExplorer (by Tihiy) installed, configurator get not responding when I try to browse theme atlas, but fine without OldNewExplorer.
I wonder if it just me. Maybe you could check it also on your side
thanks a lot :)

Working fine here, check that you have the latest version of OldNewExplorer, there was an update a little while ago.

rocky

rocky

Junior

• Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Joined 01-October 13

I uninstall, restart explorer, then install it again and now it works fine

I tried many times before and got not responding, not sure why

thanks now it's fine :)

MrGRiM

MrGRiM

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Joined 17-October 12

Donator

Updated for Aero Glass for Win8.1 1.0

truexfan81

truexfan81

• PipPip
  • 108 posts
  • Joined 12-October 13

Updated for Aero Glass for Win8.1 1.0

Thanks, works great for me. :D

rocky

rocky

Junior

• Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Joined 01-October 13

I wanna know, do all these value set into HKLM or some into HKCU? thanks

MrGRiM

MrGRiM

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  • Joined 17-October 12

Donator

I wanna know, do all these value set into HKLM or some into HKCU? thanks

They are all in HKCU only

rocky

rocky

Junior

• Pip
  • 67 posts
  • Joined 01-October 13

hmm, but based on http://glass8.berlios.de/guide.html

EnableLogging, DisableGlassOnBattery only in HKLM. If those also work in HKLM, I guess bigmuscle need to edit the guide.

thanks, MrGRiM

bigmuscle

bigmuscle

Aero Glass for Win8 developer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts
  • Joined 18-August 12

Donator

No, these two work only in HKLM, because they are loaded immediately after DLL injection when there is no access to HKCU yet.

Aero Glass for Win8.x --> http://www.glass8.eu

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users