Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Aero Glass Cofigurator For Windows 8.1

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

truexfan81

truexfan81

Junior

• Pip
  • 92 posts

mrgrim i'm having a problem, i'm not sure if it is the configurator or if it is glass8...i have cleared out the themeatlas i was using, clicked apply, and for some reason even are logging out and logging back in, its still using the themeatlas i had previously configured. this is quite frustrating

edit: found a fix, i have to force it to run the configurator as admin and then the changes take

Edited by truexfan81, 21 January 2014 - 02:27 PM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

MrGRiM

MrGRiM

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Donator

mrgrim i'm having a problem, i'm not sure if it is the configurator or if it is glass8...i have cleared out the themeatlas i was using, clicked apply, and for some reason even are logging out and logging back in, its still using the themeatlas i had previously configured. this is quite frustrating

edit: found a fix, i have to force it to run the configurator as admin and then the changes take

If you use the desktop shortcut or context menu shortcut it should have been running as administrator anyway, only if you click directly on the hta file will it not run as administrator.

MrGRiM

MrGRiM

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Donator

hmm, but based on http://glass8.berlios.de/guide.html
EnableLogging, DisableGlassOnBattery only in HKLM. If those also work in HKLM, I guess bigmuscle need to edit the guide.
thanks, MrGRiM

OK yeah I messed up there, I don't know why I didn't set that to HKLM, I will fix that now.

truexfan81

truexfan81

Junior

• Pip
  • 92 posts

If you use the desktop shortcut or context menu shortcut it should have been running as administrator anyway, only if you click directly on the hta file will it not run as administrator.

something got screwed up then because on this machine it doesn't

MrGRiM

MrGRiM

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Donator

OK download is updated now with fixed version to enable disable aero glass on battery and logging

JayBee73

JayBee73

• 19 posts

Hello.

I don't mean to ask the same question and apologize in advance, but how can I get the text to glow?  I tried the configurator and nothing happens.

Can someone help me here?

Thanks,

J

truexfan81

truexfan81

Junior

• Pip
  • 92 posts

Hello.

I don't mean to ask the same question and apologize in advance, but how can I get the text to glow?  I tried the configurator and nothing happens.

Can someone help me here?

Thanks,

J

i was also having that problem with the 1.0 of glass8, after switching back to the rc3 and configurator 2.0 all works as it should

jamill

jamill
  • 1 posts

Your scripts dont work properly. They say access denied, even after i gave myself full permission through the secruity tabs. Also some settings i didnt want to mess with it change anyway. I had to uninstall it and reapply all of my settings through the registry myself. I have to agree with ace2 when he said: Yes please stop because you will just annoy the developer and give him more problem to deal. Just let the main developer work with this kind of stuff.

MrGRiM

MrGRiM

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Donator

Your scripts dont work properly. They say access denied, even after i gave myself full permission through the secruity tabs. Also some settings i didnt want to mess with it change anyway. I had to uninstall it and reapply all of my settings through the registry myself. I have to agree with ace2 when he said: Yes please stop because you will just annoy the developer and give him more problem to deal. 

Just let the main developer work with this kind of stuff.

Works fine for me and the other 800 people who downloaded it without reporting any problems, maybe it's just you.

truexfan81

truexfan81

Junior

• Pip
  • 92 posts

MrGrim will this be updated to use the new features of glass8 1.2?

MrGRiM

MrGRiM

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 332 posts

Donator

the only new feature is the caption text color so don't think it's worth updating for that.

truexfan81

truexfan81

Junior

• Pip
  • 92 posts

the only new feature is the caption text color so don't think it's worth updating for that.

thats what i wanted it updated for lol

j05h8o8

j05h8o8
  • 2 posts

I'm getting this error.

Can not find script file

"C:\AeroGlass\AeroGlassConfigurator\StopDWM.vbs"

Cause I install everything to my P: drive.

aphelion

aphelion

• 44 posts

Grim I really like your stuff and everything you do for the community. It's your work that got a lot of us including me into tweaking. That being said this tool really screwed a lot of tsuff up for me, with Aero only though. The very first day I started getting the out of range popups on dwm had to click ignore every time Aero launched. I figured it would just go away or I'd ignore it or whatever. Day and a half in, I'm at a dead black screen after clicking Apply. Alright, stuff happens, reboot, go into it and see what might have done it. All settings are gone it seems. I change the blue compositing mode and suddenly the solid color from before Aero is back. ****. No problem, reboot. It's still there. Tweak some settings, try again, reboot, edit registry. Nope. Still there.

time to reinstall... without the tool :-(

aphelion

aphelion

• 44 posts

You didn't specify so I assumed a workaround would be helpful. Either you can copy the file there or if  you want it to be a little cleaner, select this text:

mklink /j C:\AeroGlass P:\AeroGlass
Ctrl+C

Start

Hold Shift+Ctrl, hit V then hit Enter

Edited by aphelion, 24 April 2014 - 07:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN