OS/2 Compatibility Win9x

Yushatak

I am well aware of the history of Windows 9x, NT, and OS/2 so I realize this is an oddball question, given where the technologies all diverge.

Anyway, I was wondering if there is any tech out there to run OS/2 binaries on Win9x. Upon running GalCiv2 on Win98SE (very modified copy) it says not to run it in a DOS session - which of course made me go "ah, this is an OS/2 binary" - I had hoped I'd stumbled across some rare Win9x copy of the game, should have known better.

Anyway, I know that WinNT and OS/2 were built on the same tech originally and they split off, leading to the demise of OS/2. However, NT maintained OS/2 binary compatibility and OS/2 maintained 9x and some level of NT compatibility for quite some time after the fact. I figure that during this time where all three existed together, someone probably wanted to run OS/2 programs on 9x, and I'm hoping some third party compatibility tool exists.

Long-winded explanation of the title, really, but does anyone know such a tool?

I know that you're asking for compatibility with Win9x; that I do not know. But, yes there was a Microsoft supported application that provided compatibility on Windows NT and 2000 Professional for OS/2 v1.3 binaries. It was flaky from what I understand. I will try to find links for you.