Windows 8.1 failed after re-image

I would understand the actual procedure, however it shouldn't matter. If reseating the RAM were to resolve this issue, it would indicate a potential hardware failure, a potential memory error occuring during deployment in the PE, or maybe it ends up being coincidence and not related to making it work again.

Since I don't, can you explain it to me?

jaclaz

Another engineer suggests to reseat the RAM, image it one more time and wowla, it works.

Can you provide some details on this procedure? :unsure:

jaclaz

Sure jaclaz. I opened the bottom of the Dell Latitude E6430, removed two RAM sticks and swapped their slots. Turned backed the laptop, boot it up w/ WinPE 5 x64, apply the same Windows 8.1 x64 wim image and didn't get the error after the reboot and Windows 8.1 initialization.

That's my point. I didn't buy it the reseating memory. But it happened on two Dell Latitude E6430. So far the only thing the E6430 and the ToughPad have in common, again, is the i5 Ivy Bridge CPU.

Sure jaclaz. I opened the bottom of the Dell Latitude E6430, removed two RAM sticks and swapped their slots. Turned backed the laptop, boot it up w/ WinPE 5 x64, apply the same Windows 8.1 x64 wim image and didn't get the error after the reboot and Windows 8.1 initialization.

That's my point. I didn't buy it the reseating memory. But it happened on two Dell Latitude E6430. So far the only thing the E6430 and the ToughPad have in common, again, is the i5 Ivy Bridge CPU.

Yep :), since I also don't buy it at face value, I asked to make sure it was like it seemed.

The only logical explanation I can find is that *somehow* this action "resets" *something* in the stupid EFI/UEFI which later allows the even stupider Windows 8.1 to initialize correctly.

jaclaz