Many errors with WinToolkit

I dont know what I did wrong. I'm on XP but the only "strange" thing I did was set the profiles directory to D: partition, and also autologon to Administrator account. When I set this on Win Toolit it asked me for a password so I didn't bother and entered 1234.

Well, on 7 install I shift+F10 to enter diskpart and make both partitions then install 7, later it asks me for a user name and password (?) and then I get several errors. I'm not sure if it's related to this case too, but maybe someone with more experience can tell.

"-This install package can't be opened. Check the package exists or access is granted, or contact with manufacturer to know if it's a valid Windows Installer."

20up.th.png

"-INF install error. Cause: System cannot find specified path."

kknc.th.png

"-Desktop makes reference to a path not available. This could make reference to a HDD on this system or a network. Check disk is correctly plugged or internet connection is available and try again. If still that doesn't solve it, the information could have moved to another place."

o6bo.th.png

The above also happens when I enter %appdata% on address bar.

the strange thing is that Profile folders are also installed on C:.

nmpa.th.png l5hh.th.png

And this my unattend.xml on the Panther folder (the autounattend.xml file here and WT settings file here):

8f1w.th.png

I'm very much out of ideas, I managed to finish the wim image without hangs after 5 hours, so I better ask before I waste more time or smash the HDD's too much.

Edited by Dogway

u do too much removing needed component, that's all I can see from ur preset.

check ur update package, if it's stand alone, u can remove the previous old package, but if it's not and depend on the previous package, I think u need to filter what need to remove or not to remove....

Well, I normally tend to fall short rather than long so it surprises me I removed too much.

What do you mean with package? You mean hotfixes?

btw I find many different comments, does setupcomplete.cmd goes to "Windows\Setup\scripts" or "sources\$oem$\$$\Setup\scripts"? I have it on the former if that matters.

This is what I remove (in green on WinToolkit as removeable), other than that I followed Viper's services list, and also added some tweaks that shouldn't harm at all:

#ComponentsAppFrabicAustralia Local PackBitLocker Drive EncryptionBranch CacheCanada Local PackClips In The LibraryCommon Modem DriversDelete 'Support' folderDelete 'Upgrade' folderDVD MakerGreat Britain Local PackHyper-V VMBUS DriverIIS Addons 1IIS Addons 2Inbox GamesIndexing ServiceInternet GamesMicrosoft AgentMicrosoft XPS Document WriterMicrosoft-Hyper-V-GuestMobile PC Client Components (Basic)Mobile PC Client Components (Premium)Mobile PC Client SideShow ComponentsMobile PC Sensors ALS DriverMusic and Video Examples (Ringtones)Network DriversNew Zealand Local PackOEM Help CustomizationParental ControlsPremium Inbox GamesPrinter DriversRIP ListenerSound ThemesSticky NotesSystem RestoreTelnet ServerTFTP ClientTV Tuner DriversUnited States Local PackWindows Anytime UpgradeWindows Anytime Upgrade ResultsWindows BackupWindows Block Level BackupWindows Media Codec Pack EncoderWindows Media Player Network Sharing ServiceWindows Media Player TroubleshootersWindows Recovery DiscWindows Restore UtilityXPS Viewer
Edited by Dogway

Well, I normally tend to fall short rather than long so it surprises me I removed too much.

What do you mean with package? You mean hotfixes?

btw I find many different comments, does setupcomplete.cmd goes to "Windows\Setup\scripts" or "sources\$oem$\$$\Setup\scripts"? I have it on the former if that matters.

well, I think u remove the needed component in windows (I dont know exactly, but what I see there's an update for system restore in ur hotfix/update list but u do remove system restore feature, I dont know if it stand alone or only update the previous system restore feature).

as for setupcomplete.cmd, both are the same, becuz this :

sources\$oem$\$$\Setup\scripts

will goes to :

Windows\Setup\scripts

but I prefer to use the $OEM$ instead injecting to the wim (is that what u mean with comparing those? )

I used to do that on XP, check every hotfix one by one, but really didn't pay much attention on 7 (it's tiring), after all this should be failproof IMHO.
For example in nlite you integrate hotfixes, then remove components. I doubt that (system restore) could be the case with my errors, since they tend to do more about my unattend.xml file, profiles, and HDD partitions... but I can try to run a test if nobody suggests me something better.

edit: I posted on the WinToolkit forum but it seems to be VERY quiet. Also nobody replied me after more than 1 day, and that's a bad symptom. I normally wait a few days but I'm a bit in a hurry.

Edited by Dogway

I'm redoing the process. There's one thing I noticed:

oh7b.png

Shouldn't that be "Usuarios" and "Archivos de Programa (x86)". How do I change language? My ISO is already Spanish.

Edited by Dogway

Ok, I think I spotted the issue now that I gave 7 a large install space, it doesn't show the first 2 error screens, but the rest is the same.

WinToolkit expects English folders, it expects "Desktop" when it should be "Escritorio", the same with users profile, Windows looks for Usuarios in D: but WinTookit only created Users, so instead Windows decides to create a default Profile Folder on C. called Usuarios. Maybe that's the main reason I'm prompted with a "create User Name" dialog when the whole process should be fully unattended, I'm automatically logged onto administrator, but 7 wants a guest account, and the prompted "user" account to sum 3 accounts in total...

Any workaround to this? or should I use another slipstreamer?

Edited by Dogway

I don't know which of them fixed it, but I did both at the same time. First instead of "D:" I wrote "D:\Usuarios"

<ProfilesDirectory>D:\Usuarios</ProfilesDirectory><ProgramData>D:\ProgramData</ProgramData>

Then I added my language, for the "Desktop" issue:

<settings pass="windowsPE">        <component name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core-WinPE" processorArchitecture="x86" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">             <SetupUILanguage>                <UILanguage>es-ES</UILanguage>            </SetupUILanguage>            <InputLocale>040a:0000040a</InputLocale>            <SystemLocale>es-ES</SystemLocale>            <UILanguage>es-ES</UILanguage>            <UserLocale>es-ES</UserLocale>              </component>         <component name="Microsoft-Windows-International-Core-WinPE" processorArchitecture="amd64" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" language="neutral" versionScope="nonSxS" xmlns:wcm="http://schemas.microsoft.com/WMIConfig/2002/State" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance">             <SetupUILanguage>                <UILanguage>es-ES</UILanguage>            </SetupUILanguage>            <InputLocale>040a:0000040a</InputLocale>            <SystemLocale>es-ES</SystemLocale>            <UILanguage>es-ES</UILanguage>            <UserLocale>es-ES</UserLocale>                   </component>

Now everything is almost perfect, only a few minor issues remain. Like applying theme automatically, or skip/unattend the creation of the User account which still prompts in the middle of install. I would also like to leave passwords blank, for both Administrator and User, in case a User account is mandatory.

There's also some folders spread on D:, they are the public folders that should be inside Usuarios, so I don't know really what is happening.

jmhb.th.png

Edited by Dogway