Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Add more comands right click on Taskbar

Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

condor

condor

Junior

• Pip
  • 75 posts
  • Joined 04-October 06

It is possible to modify Taskbar to have more command on right click on taskbar? Like in the picture, when click dreapta to have more commands (not context menu, not right click o desktop)

KVP3NhP.jpg

Tks

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

MrJinje

MrJinje

Toolâ„¢ Developer

• Developer
  • 1,051 posts
  • Joined 14-October 09

Not 100% sure, but last year when writing a shell extension to right click from taskbar I could not find a reg key for the mod.   If taskbar is not registry based DLL injection might be the method needed, though I don't know where to start.   (explorer.exe ??? - shell32 dll ??? or it's mui's ???)

CharlotteTheHarlot

CharlotteTheHarlot

MSFN Master

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,054 posts
  • Joined 24-September 07

Not 100% sure, but last year when writing a shell extension to right click from taskbar I could not find a reg key for the mod.   If taskbar is not registry based DLL injection might be the method needed, though I don't know where to start.   (explorer.exe ??? - shell32 dll ??? or it's mui's ???)

Agreed. The taskbar is not a shell object, it appears to me to be the shell itself, hence it's context menu is a function stored in a core file, maybe EXPLORER.EXE, and that function does not seem to look at any registry key for supplemental code. I could be totally wrong though, this is just an educated guess from tinkering all these years.

Someone could scour Raymond Chen's blogsite for clues, or request him to answer the question in a post. Or ask someone who actually works on shell replacements.

... Let him who hath understanding reckon the Number Of The Beast ...

condor

condor

Junior

• Pip
  • 75 posts
  • Joined 04-October 06

OK

Tks for the answers.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Windows 7

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users