Welcome to MSFN

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Nomen

Time for stickies for specific apps (FF, Opera, Flash, VLC, etc)

3 posts in this topic

There is far too much information and questions about specific apps that are being posted in scattered places within the 9X/Me forums that should be concentrated into their own sticky threads.

It would be very useful for conversations about Firefox, Opera, and Flash to happen within their own sticky threads - even if (or especially if) those conversations, questions or answers involve Kex and/or Kex stubs.

The stickies would include or start with what is known about any or all versions of the given app in terms of their compatibility with win-9x/me + Kex, instructions for installing the app (registry settings, kex stub entries, other tricks) links to installation files (current or old versions), etc.

Just how many app-specific sticky threads are created is a matter for debate, but the list could also include Java, PDF readers, VLC, Other Browsers, Other media players.

I see this suggestion went over like a lead balloon.

What about the app list thread that lists the latest supported versions?