Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Time for stickies for specific apps (FF, Opera, Flash, VLC, etc)

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Nomen

Nomen

• PipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Joined 07-July 12

There is far too much information and questions about specific apps that are being posted in scattered places within the 9X/Me forums that should be concentrated into their own sticky threads.

It would be very useful for conversations about Firefox, Opera, and Flash to happen within their own sticky threads - even if (or especially if) those conversations, questions or answers involve Kex and/or Kex stubs.

The stickies would include or start with what is known about any or all versions of the given app in terms of their compatibility with win-9x/me + Kex, instructions for installing the app (registry settings, kex stub entries, other tricks) links to installation files (current or old versions), etc.

Just how many app-specific sticky threads are created is a matter for debate, but the list could also include Java, PDF readers, VLC, Other Browsers, Other media players.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

LostInSpace2012

LostInSpace2012

-

• PipPipPipPip
  • 578 posts
  • Joined 20-August 12

Donator

I see this suggestion went over like a lead balloon.

shae

shae

• PipPip
  • 288 posts
  • Joined 06-July 08

What about the app list thread that lists the latest supported versions?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users