Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Privacy Settings via Autounattend or Reg File

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

xpman

xpman

Junior

• Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Joined 06-October 03

Is there any way to configure the Windows 8.1 privacy settings as part of automated setup? It looks like I can skip the audit (i.e. do what you manually do when using express settings), but I do not find a component that contains the indivdual settings such as location tracking (to turn them off).

After installation, I tracked down

SystemSettings_Privacy_EnableAppsUseOfAccountInfo within the current user's "Control Panel\Usage\" key

However, after disabling everythin, the value is set to 1.

Strangely enough, Google hast 3 hits for that value name.

Within this forum, I did not even find a post searching for "privacy".

I would already be glad for suggestion what to search for instead, I have not even found a list of the real audit sub-stage names so far (i.e. how each screen within user audit is actually called, so I can search for it).

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

xpman

xpman

Junior

• Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Joined 06-October 03

Ok, it looks like for now, the following reg key actually do the job.

Still, I would prefer to configure this within the answer file ... but I guess no one has succeeded in that?

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Usage]
"SystemSettings_Privacy_EnableAppsUseOfAccountInfo" = "1;130316713108741481;SettingsPagePrivacyGeneral;SettingsGroupPrivacy;SystemSettings_Privacy_EnableAppsUseOfAccountInfo"
"SystemSettings_Privacy_AdvertisingIdEnabled" = "1;130316713138441397;SettingsPagePrivacyGeneral;SettingsGroupPrivacy;SystemSettings_Privacy_AdvertisingIdEnabled"
"SystemSettings_Privacy_EnableCollectionOfUrlsAppsUse" = "1;130316713186078936;SettingsPagePrivacyGeneral;SettingsGroupPrivacy;SystemSettings_Privacy_EnableCollectionOfUrlsAppsUse"
"SystemSettings_Privacy_LocationEnabled" = "1;130316713379516147;SettingsPagePrivacyLocation;SettingsGroupPrivacyLocationGlobals;SystemSettings_Privacy_LocationEnabled"
"SystemSettings_Privacy_WebcamEnabled" = "1;130316713511393711;SettingsPagePrivacyWebcam;SettingsGroupPrivacyWebcamGlobals;SystemSettings_Privacy_WebcamEnabled"
"SystemSettings_Privacy_MicrophoneEnabled" = "1;130316713715452903;SettingsPagePrivacyMicrophone;SettingsGroupPrivacyMicrophoneGlobals;SystemSettings_Privacy_MicrophoneEnabled"
"SystemSettings_Language_Web_Content_Control" = "1;130316991480728246;SettingsPagePrivacyGeneral;SettingsGroupPrivacy;SystemSettings_Language_Web_Content_Control"

DosProbie

DosProbie

Friend of MSFN

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 750 posts
  • Joined 16-October 12

Donator

You can easily add the reg key from your answer file at the First Logon Commands section..

DP  :yes:

xpman

xpman

Junior

• Pip
  • 53 posts
  • Joined 06-October 03

You can easily add the reg key from your answer file at the First Logon Commands section..

DP  :yes:

Thanks, that is actually what I am already doing (to be able to roll out the settings to all users via CopyProfile).

I was just wondering why it should not be possible to configure an essential part of the setup using autounattend. My conclusion is that Microsoft really does not *want* to offer this easily. Anything else you can put into the xml file. Looks intentional. Unless - which I still hope - I am just missing the right solution.

bphlpt

bphlpt

MSFN Addict

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,801 posts
  • Joined 12-May 07

I would suggest sending NoelC a PM and ask him to please comment in this thread if he is aware of anything.

Cheers and Regards

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users