Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

WiFi Laptop shuts down desktop when printing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

Shiron

Shiron
  • 8 posts

I have a laptop connected wirelessly and a desktop running from a modem.
Both are connected to a Brother printer. The laptop via wireless connection. The desktop hard wired via USB. Both print OK. Here's the problem. When printer is turned on and I print from it, somehow my desktop shuts down. I have searched and searched, but no so;ution as to what is causing this. I did however found a work around. I must turn printer on FIRST then the desktop. Doing this, both machines print with no problems. The laptop does not shut my desktop down when it prints.
However when I turn on my desktop, and then printer , when I print wirelessly from laptok, it will shut down the desktop.....

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

submix8c

submix8c

Inconceivable!

• Patrons
  • 4,281 posts

Yep! ALWAYS turn on Printers before the Computers. Not really a "workaround" but "how it works". ;)

Someday the tyrants will be unthroned... Jason "Jay" Chasteen; RIP, bro!

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN