Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

XBStart 2.1.9 stable - navigate Windows 8.1 with an Xbox controller

xbstart xbox controller start screen windows 8 navigate

• Please log in to reply
178 replies to this topic

oomek

oomek

• PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Joined 11-December 13

hello! this app i i think best things that m$ can do..!and oblvsly they didn't >.>! i came here because i want to update to Win10 !!!! i didn't know whhen i'll upgrade when this app will be avable also in beta it"s a good start but we need i dont have hastiness, but i really love this app. i also donate when this app ask me!! i forgot to do it again because i was lazy this app is amazing, why you didnt upload it to steam?? you could get a lot of views!!!
i think we all need dx12 !!btw i came here just to say i'll donate for this app soon ;)

No worries, i'm building a beautiful launcher for Windows 10, more info soon :)
Xbox controller navigation for Windows 8.1 www.xbstart.info

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

• 1 posts
  • Joined Yesterday, 11:12 AM

I haven't checked it myself, but I've had reports telling that XBStart is also compatible with the XboxOne's controllers.

HI oomek, 

Indeed the wireless XBox One controller works pretty well with XBstart (when connected with usb cable) on Windows 8.1.

Unfortunately, as you know, it's no more working on Windows 10. It would be fantastic if you can find a way to upgrade it.

If you don't like the new Windows Start screen, what about a custom XBStart screen? In which users would be able to select which applications/games will appear there, through an option like "Pin to XBStart". Like that you can imagine the Interface you want, and users will have just the necessary (games, apps) in their customizable XBStart screen (who cares about Word when holding a Game Controller?)

By the way, thanks for this nice application!

Edited by 118218, Yesterday, 11:29 AM.

oomek

oomek

• PipPip
  • 132 posts
  • Joined 11-December 13
That's exactly what I've been developing for the last few weeks. A crossover between thw Windows' 8.1 start screen and the Xbox dashboard. No need for the Pin Steam nonsense, just right click on the exe, pin to XBStart and you are done. More info soon.
  • kdanderson1989 likes this
Xbox controller navigation for Windows 8.1 www.xbstart.info

kdanderson1989

kdanderson1989
  • 1 posts
  • Joined Yesterday, 06:04 PM

oomek,

I am very excited to see what you have been working on. It sounds like the perfect solution for bringing XBStart to Windows 10. To show my support I'll make sure to donate when the update comes out. Keep up the awesome work!

Edit: Will you be able to include the ability to customize icon/tile images in the launcher? OblyTile had this function for the Windows 8/8.1 start screen but it no longer works with 10. It would be great to have custom images for games and other apps within your launcher!

Edited by kdanderson1989, Yesterday, 06:24 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: xbstart, xbox, controller, start screen, windows 8, navigate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users