Visual Studio 2013 - Storing HTML links in Web Browser

Hello,

I an attempting to create an advanced web browser in Visual Basic 2013. I have properly coded it to have history and bookmark functions.

- I have created a 'Add Bookmark' button to add a bookmark to my 'Bookmarks' form.

- I have created a 'Bookmarks' button, this launches a new form, with controls and buttons for clearing the list box and removing individual links.

- I also have a 'History' button, essentially does the same thing as the 'Bookmarks' button.

I have configured the settings for the History and Bookmark functions to work.

And while I can add,remove and view bookmarks, and view/remove/clear history, once I close the application, all these links just disappear.

So, what my question is, how do I save HTML links (in this case,Bookmarks/History web pages) in a Visual Studio application?

When you test the app, does it run interpreted inside the IDE/sandbox or are you compiling it and running it stand-alone?

While the app is running and you have "saved" some bookmarks, look for any (temp) files that are created or modified on disk. Temp files are normally deleted automatically when closed or the app ends. If there are no files, then the bookmarks and history are only being stored in memory and you will need to find a method to save them to flat files or a database.

Usually when I test the app,I run it inside the IDE, and bookmarks do not save. However, I have ran my browser standalone, and bookmarks/history do not save when I close the application.

I am still a little bit of a newbie with some things about computers, and I do not know which directory temp files install to. Could you please tell me which directory that is?

Open "My Computer" (or any Explorer window) and enter %tmp% in the address field (also try %temp%). You can also use Find (Files and Folders) to search your disk for files modified in the last day.

If your browser is wrapping the IE engine, perhaps the default Bookmarks and History methods just save to memory. If so, you will need to read them from memory and write them to disk upon app shutdown.

Edited by jumper