Activating Win 7 Professional

hmtjakob

In early 2012 I purchased a Dell Inspiron laptop that came with Win 7 Home Premium. I then purchased an upgrade product key from a reputable retailer and had no problem to download and instal Win 7 Professional. Ever since then I have been harrassed by Microsoft claiming that my Win 7 Prof is not genuine and asking me to putchase the proper programme. Of course, MS prefers to take me to the moon instead of providing a facility to resolve the issue on-line with the possible, but for myself being deaf impossible, contact by phone. Any assistance will appreciated.

Herewith some more details: I installed the native to the laptop Win 7 premium home edition and succeeded without ado to activate this version using the product key on the bottom of the case. I purchased the upgrade to Win 7 64 bit Prof, opened the upgrade web page under "all programmes" and using the product key contained in the big package representing the upgrade.

Upon nstallation I tried to activate and I kept being advised that a wrong product key had been entered and that repeatedly. I do not believe that I entered repeatedly a key different from the on shown on a piece of cardboard I was holding in my hand. Some time later on I managed to contact a MS representative by chat and received confirmation that both product keys were valid keys. So, I am not only puzzled, but also quite a bit more than annoyed that almighty Microsoft keeps pestering me to purchase a "valid" product key and reminding me that my version is not genuine, without however, offering a facility to resolve the issue on-line and takes me on a trip to nowhere in a merry-go-round chasing not existing on-line solutions.

I wonder whether the set-up by MS to screen product keys by the upgrade downloading facility is properly duplicated by the set-up screening for activation

Edited by hmtjakob

In early 2012 I purchased a Dell Inspiron laptop that came with Win 7 Home Premium. I then purchased an upgrade product key from a reputable retailer and had no problem to download and instal Win 7 Professional. Ever since then I have been harrassed by Microsoft claiming that my Win 7 Prof is not genuine and asking me to putchase the proper programme. Of course, MS prefers to take me to the moon instead of providing a facility to resolve the issue on-line with the possible, but for myself being deaf impossible, contact by phone. Any assistance will appreciated.

I would also ask the "reputable retailer" (the one who actually got your money and that should be - if not responsible for the issue - at least willing to help you in fixing it).

jaclaz