Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Aero Glass for Win8.1 1.2.1

Final release for Win8.1

• Please log in to reply
1161 replies to this topic

bigmuscle

bigmuscle

Aero Glass for Win8 developer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

Is it really hard to read the last several pages of this topic where it has been solved milliontimes?

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

ace2

ace2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 282 posts

bphlpt: thankyou. After trying twice to hold down the Ctrl key, I managed to uninstall Aero Glass.

But if I reinstall it, the same thing happens again: Aero Glass starts looping with MessageBox:es about "Compatibility Issue". It has filled up my disk completely, about 100GB of thousands of mini-dump files (so it crashes, that's why it appears to loop eternally).

My DWM is 6.3.9600.17031 from 2014-02-22.

I have a log file (it is very large) if anyone is interested. For now I have no choice but to run without Aero Glass.

Read Post #1083
http://www.msfn.org/...44#entry1074888

LasseSL500

LasseSL500
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Thanks ace2 for your help. This should be pinned on the first page - together with the error message so Google can find it.

Mr Muscle: no need to be rude. I read the first five pages and the last three, but there are currently 47 pages to go through - and not even Google finds any help when searching for the error message.

It's not that I did report this and offer help to be rude, do you realize that? It's because it's not evident at all where the information is!

What puzzles me is that the exact same version installed fine and has been working fine for a week, when today all of a sudden it stopped working.

Take care, and feel comfort in that your software is really appreciated! :)

Edited by LasseSL500, 22 April 2014 - 09:40 AM.

paul70

paul70

• Members
  • 44 posts

Thanks ace2 for your help. This should be pinned on the first page - together with the error message so Google can find it.

Mr Muscle: no need to be rude. I read the first five pages and the last three, but there are currently 47 pages to go through - and not even Google finds any help when searching for the error message.

It's not that I did report this and offer help to be rude, do you realize that? It's because it's not evident at all where the information is!

What puzzles me is that the exact same version installed fine and has been working fine for a week, when today all of a sudden it stopped working.

Take care, and feel comfort in that your software is really appreciated! :)

BM, as I posted a few pages ago, I also really think it would be a useful thing to pin the most important infos on the first page, specially if they are not documented on your homepage. Not only this would make things easier to find among the meanwhile 47 topic pages, but it would have the great side effect to spare you repeating the same thing over and over again :yes:

Of course, your topic, your rules, just my 2 cents :angel

Edited by paul70, 22 April 2014 - 11:08 AM.

frankie90

frankie90
  • Members
  • 7 posts

I am having an issue and wonder if anyone else has ran into it. Is anyone else using Aero Glass with Spotify? I get UI freezes constantly, which never happened before. 

djborek

djborek
  • Members
  • 6 posts

i have problem copy x64 DWMGlass.dll spring2014

Bez_tytu_u.jpg

dhjohns

dhjohns

• Members
  • 23 posts

I have the new debug .dll that bigmuscle just uploaded.  I installed it according to HIS instructions, and removed the Symbols folder.  Here is what it looks like.  No issues as far as I can tell.

Attached Files

bigmuscle

bigmuscle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

BM, as I posted a few pages ago, I also really think it would be a useful thing to pin the most important infos on the first page, specially if they are not documented on your homepage. Not only this would make things easier to find among the meanwhile 47 topic pages, but it would have the great side effect to spare you repeating the same thing over and over again :yes:

Of course, you are right. But if you look at the second post in this topic, it contains description for most common problems. It also contains information that Aero Glass works on Spring 2014 if symbols are present etc. Also my homepage contains this info. Despite of this, the last ten pages of this topic contain questions how to get it run on Spring 2014 update over and over again and new questions are still coming. You can also find this question here although the exact description is two posts above this question. Is this normal? So, I could even pin most complete information info the first post but a) users will still write that he searched, didn't find it and ask over and over again and B) whereas it works correctly for users who supported the development, I don't see any reason why I should support users who didn't support the development ;-)

bigmuscle

bigmuscle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 879 posts

i have problem copy x64 DWMGlass.dll spring2014

You set invalid path to glass reflection image.

djborek

djborek
  • Members
  • 6 posts

before copying x64 DWMGlass.dll spring2014

debug.log

[2014-04-23 20:18:03][0x730:0x1098] Donation key loaded
[2014-04-23 20:18:03][0x730:0x1098] Machine ID: xxx
[2014-04-23 20:18:03][0x730:0x1098] Loading settings (flags = 0x1) from HKEY 0x0000000000000000 for session #2

how fix it after copy x64 DWMGlass.dll spring2014????

Edited by djborek, Yesterday, 12:42 PM.

NoelC

NoelC

Software Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 528 posts

Used my system remotely for about a week via RDP (from an iPad no less).

Aero Glass worked flawlessly.

Thank you, Big Muscle.

-Noel

kupapiachu

kupapiachu
  • Members
  • 9 posts

I am having an issue and wonder if anyone else has ran into it. Is anyone else using Aero Glass with Spotify? I get UI freezes constantly, which never happened before. 

I'm using Spotify (desktop app) a lot. The only issue I get is that it sometimes hangs on startup displaying a plain black splash screen but I don't know if it's related to AeroGlass. Probably not. Other than that it's flawless for me.

13 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 10 guests, 1 anonymous users

Bing (1), kyvaldiys

How to remove advertisement from MSFN