Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Aero Glass for Win8.1 1.2.5

Final release for Win8.1

• Please log in to reply
1831 replies to this topic

jaclaz

jaclaz

The Finder

• Developer
  • 13,985 posts

Edit:  Stupid forum changes b ) (without space between) to B)

In this case it is not - just for the record - specific to the current stupid board software, but it is a more generic issue with (still a "bad") implementation of "BBCODE":

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BBCode

specifically not inserting them into square brackets (but a number of other board softwares use this "simplified approach" causing exactly this issue). 

On other news, that the IP Board software (and the chosen CKeditor component and their interactivity with BBCODE) cannot be defined if not as "terrible" or "awful" is by now re-known and confirmed by everyone:

http://community.inv...out-its-future/

let's hope that in the next 4.0 version the good invision guys will be able - as promised - to put together their act.

jaclaz

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

Starseed

Starseed
  • 4 posts

I have so much egg on my face I'm thinking of frying it up for breakfast (late breakfast!).  First, not realizing that we all have names in the blue bar (well hidden, eh?) and, well, the rest shows my lack of technical savvy.  I found no folder for Aero Glass, just a couple files left over from my dumb attempt to install by clicking the .exe (aerohost) which I mistaken called, in an earlier post, aeroglass.exe. (the first egg).  I'm still having a bit of trepidation as I have a special talent for making the simplest things go wrong when it comes to all things install/uninstall/restore/reinstall.  Usually because I either mistakenly follow user group guidance, or just get "good try" guidance.  Thanks again to y'all...

• dhjohns likes this

dhjohns

dhjohns

Junior

• Pip
  • 71 posts

I have so much egg on my face I'm thinking of frying it up for breakfast (late breakfast!).  First, not realizing that we all have names in the blue bar (well hidden, eh?) and, well, the rest shows my lack of technical savvy.  I found no folder for Aero Glass, just a couple files left over from my dumb attempt to install by clicking the .exe (aerohost) which I mistaken called, in an earlier post, aeroglass.exe. (the first egg).  I'm still having a bit of trepidation as I have a special talent for making the simplest things go wrong when it comes to all things install/uninstall/restore/reinstall.  Usually because I either mistakenly follow user group guidance, or just get "good try" guidance.  Thanks again to y'all...

Just do it.

sudalz

sudalz

• 14 posts

I'm getting a new convertible laptop (one that you can detach the monitor from, and use as a tablet). Can I install aeroglass on it? Would it work while the machine works as a laptop? (When used as a tablet, obviously it won't work as it will be using the metro interface.) Would there be any issues when detaching or reataching the screen?

daveo76

daveo76

Junior

• Pip
  • 62 posts

I'm getting a new convertible laptop (one that you can detach the monitor from, and use as a tablet). Can I install aeroglass on it? Would it work while the machine works as a laptop? (When used as a tablet, obviously it won't work as it will be using the metro interface.) Would there be any issues when detaching or reataching the screen?

It will still work. You have to at first configure aeroglass to run on battery

SanicHegehog

SanicHegehog
  • 9 posts

I had a computer like that and Aero Glass was nearly unusable on it, because there were flickering artifacts in different parts of the screen. I think it may work in your case, just depends on what kind of graphics card you have.

sudalz

sudalz

• 14 posts

I had a computer like that and Aero Glass was nearly unusable on it, because there were flickering artifacts in different parts of the screen. I think it may work in your case, just depends on what kind of graphics card you have.

What graphics card did you have, and which version of Windows and aeroglass? (win 8 or 8.1?)

My laptop only has the inbuilt intel hd 4000, and no discrete graphics.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users

sudalz

How to remove advertisement from MSFN