bigmuscle

I have the new debug .dll that bigmuscle just uploaded. I installed it according to HIS instructions, and removed the Symbols folder. Here is what it looks like. No issues as far as I can tell.

BM, as I posted a few pages ago, I also really think it would be a useful thing to pin the most important infos on the first page, specially if they are not documented on your homepage. Not only this would make things easier to find among the meanwhile 47 topic pages, but it would have the great side effect to spare you repeating the same thing over and over again :yes:

Of course, you are right. But if you look at the second post in this topic, it contains description for most common problems. It also contains information that Aero Glass works on Spring 2014 if symbols are present etc. Also my homepage contains this info. Despite of this, the last ten pages of this topic contain questions how to get it run on Spring 2014 update over and over again and new questions are still coming. You can also find this question here although the exact description is two posts above this question. Is this normal? So, I could even pin most complete information info the first post but a) users will still write that he searched, didn't find it and ask over and over again and B) whereas it works correctly for users who supported the development, I don't see any reason why I should support users who didn't support the development ;-)

before copying x64 DWMGlass.dll spring2014

debug.log

[2014-04-23 20:18:03][0x730:0x1098] Donation key loaded
[2014-04-23 20:18:03][0x730:0x1098] Machine ID: xxx
[2014-04-23 20:18:03][0x730:0x1098] Loading settings (flags = 0x1) from HKEY 0x0000000000000000 for session #2

how fix it after copy x64 DWMGlass.dll spring2014????

Edited by djborek

I am having an issue and wonder if anyone else has ran into it. Is anyone else using Aero Glass with Spotify? I get UI freezes constantly, which never happened before.

I'm using Spotify (desktop app) a lot. The only issue I get is that it sometimes hangs on startup displaying a plain black splash screen but I don't know if it's related to AeroGlass. Probably not. Other than that it's flawless for me.

Nice command, I didn't know about it. I have my own utility which works exactly in the same way as AeroGlass detects it: http://glass8.berlios.de/stuff/HDDDetector.7z

if you also want the HD Model along with the Serial number this batch script will also do the trick..DP :whistle:

@echo off&setlocal:: Get DRIVEMODELFor /F "Tokens=2 Delims='='" %%A in ('Wmic DiskDrive Get Model /Value') Do (Set "HDModel=%%A") :: Get DRIVESERIALFor /F "Tokens=2 Delims==" %%A in ('Wmic Path Win32_PhysicalMedia Get SerialNumber /value') Do ( for %%B in (%%A) Do (Set "HDSerial=%%B")):: PRINTOUT TO CONSOLE AND DESKTOPecho HD Model: %HDModel% >>%userprofile%\desktop\%username%.txtecho HD Serial: %HDSerial% >>%userprofile%\desktop\%username%.txttype %userprofile%\desktop\%username%.txtpause>Nul

I did a clean install of Windows 8.1.1 from MSDN ISO and have Aero Glass 8 working like a charm. Donated again to further the development. Thank you @bigmuscle.

I have a glitch that I am wondering if anyone might now how to solve. If I use UXStyle without the win8cp.png atlas file and use this theme AeroByDesign For Windows 8.1 / Update 1 by LiveOrDieTM on deviantART everything works OK except that the right-click context menu does not work on the Start screen tiles. If I switch to a standard Windows desktop theme, Aero Glass still works fine, it changes back to black title bar text and the right-click menu works as it should. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things. Any thoughts on what might be breaking the right-click feature?

Here is a video demonstrating what I am trying to explain.

Edited by BJFox

@ BJFox, This VS has 4 themes, only one of which (AeroByDesignUpdate1.msstyles) currently supports Win 8.1 update 1. Check to make sure this is the one you are using. The author states he will be updating soon, so hopefully all 4 themes will fully work with Update 1.
I have tried several themes since update 1 came out and unless they are updated to work with update 1, the context right click on tiles does not work.

I believe I do. How can I determine if it is the latest? VS meaning, visual style, correct? It is the theme linked in my post above and I did not notice more than one available link to download it.

Edit: Thanks DrStrange. You posted almost simultaneously. I will double-check that to be sure.

Edited by BJFox

@ BJFox, This VS has 4 themes, only one of which (AeroByDesignUpdate1.msstyles) currently supports Win 8.1 update 1. Check to make sure this is the one you are using. The author states he will be updating soon, so hopefully all 4 themes will fully work with Update 1.

I have tried several themes since update 1 came out and unless they are updated to work with update 1, the context right click on tiles does not work.

That was exactly the problem. I did not realize only one of them was for Update 1. I deleted the three that are not for Update 1. It's working great now. Wish all problems were that easy to solve, LOL. User error is always better than a hardware or software malfunction. Thank you for pointing that out for me. I feel silly for not paying closer attention to the information posted by LiveOrDieTM.

7hAbcEfl.jpg

IKCGpOSl.jpg

Edited by BJFox