Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Is POSReady 2009 worth the money?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

Flasche

Flasche

A bottled message!!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

Do any of you developers or IT pros think that this OS is worth it to buy. I have been looking at it and can see its April 2019 extended support date end as an advantage over normal XP pro SP3 :thumbup but from a technical stand point do you guys think its worth it over the normal XP. (But please put it in simpleton language so average day user like me can understand :angel )

Edited by Flasche, 25 January 2014 - 09:44 PM.

Seeker Of Truth by E. E. Cummings                                                                                           Quote (Me)

• seeker of truth                                                 "If you want to reach and discover the true meaning of order; You must go through chaos first."            344d0f9.jpg
  • follow no path                                 
  • all paths lead where
  • truth is here

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

tomasz86

tomasz86

www.windows2000.tk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,510 posts
It's just a modified version of Windows XP. It's supposed to be supported for much longer than "normal" XP but it's unknown whether MS is going to release updates or just provide technical support only.

There's been a long thread on this specific release already somewhere here on the forum. There's also a trial version available to download so you can check it out yourself. When it comes to standard usage, it's really no different than standard Windows XP.
post-47483-1123010975.png
Unofficial Service Pack 5.2 for MS Windows 2000 <- use this topic if you need help with UURollup, Update Rollup 2 and other unofficial packages

Flasche

Flasche

A bottled message!!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts

It's just a modified version of Windows XP. It's supposed to be supported for much longer than "normal" XP but it's unknown whether MS is going to release updates or just provide technical support only.

There's been a long thread on this specific release already somewhere here on the forum. There's also a trial version available to download so you can check it out yourself. When it comes to standard usage, it's really no different than standard Windows XP.

Hmm I'll do that. If I like it then I'll buy it, and if I do buy it I'll post if I got updates for may's patch Tuesday after the 2014 WinXP death date.

EDIT: Liked it so I'm buy a product key.

Edited by Flasche, 26 January 2014 - 08:18 PM.

Seeker Of Truth by E. E. Cummings                                                                                           Quote (Me)

• seeker of truth                                                 "If you want to reach and discover the true meaning of order; You must go through chaos first."            344d0f9.jpg
  • follow no path                                 
  • all paths lead where
  • truth is here

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

How to remove advertisement from MSFN