UxTheme Signature Bypass

bigmuscle

• 2 weeks later...

It works on Windows 10 Build 9879 except it causes my programs Internet download manager, AVG Internet Security 2015, CCleaner Pro, and VMware Workstation not to auto start. I have to manually start them. When I delete those 2 dll files and restart Windows all those programs start up itselfs. This was the same to when using UXTheme Multi-patcher

Edited by daveo76

• 3 weeks later...

What does "not to auto start" means? I'm not aware of anything which could cause it, but I might try it and fix the issue. But probably after x-mas...

btw, for some mod, could this topic be moved to my Aero Glass forum?

Here is small beta update.

Added DrawThemeTextEx hook to follow Aero Glass caption settings. Thus if you use custom atlas for Aero Glass which include glyph for caption glow then captions drawn using DrawThemeTextEx will have glow effect too.

Settings ColorizationColorCaption and TextGlowMode are respected.

It is not tested much, so it maybe buggy. Currently 64-bit only. More fixes and updates after X-mas.

http://glass8.eu/out/UxThemeSignatureBypassAero.dll

I don't know whether ribbon-enabled windows such as File Explorer and Wordpad are those for which it's supposed to restore caption glow for windows but if so, it doesn't seem to work here.  Such windows still do not show a caption glow for me.

I've verified that the DLL is being loaded (e.g., by the event in the system event log)...

Custom dynamic link libraries are being loaded for every application. The system administrator should review the list of libraries to ensure they are related to trusted applications. Please visit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/197571for more information.

Thanks for trying.

-Noel

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is small beta update.

Added DrawThemeTextEx hook to follow Aero Glass caption settings. Thus if you use custom atlas for Aero Glass which include glyph for caption glow then captions drawn using DrawThemeTextEx will have glow effect too.

Settings ColorizationColorCaption and TextGlowMode are respected.

It is not tested much, so it maybe buggy. Currently 64-bit only. More fixes and updates after X-mas.

http://glass8.eu/out/UxThemeSignatureBypassAero.dll

I don't know whether ribbon-enabled windows such as File Explorer and Wordpad are those for which it's supposed to restore caption glow for windows but if so, it doesn't seem to work here.  Such windows still do not show a caption glow for me.

I was hopping that would add the missing glow on the file explorer windows. Probably I have no idea about what I'm talking about.

I still have no idea how to enable it. Any tip?

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got this to work on Windows 10.

Bravo!  Another usability glitch solved.  It's too bad you have to use such a coarse method of inserting the DLL into the system, but it's well worth doing.

-Noel