UxTheme Signature Bypass

bigmuscle

I may have spoken too soon...  The DLL breaks drag and drop copying in Explorer.

Ah well, you may not have intended for the DLL to be used on Win 10.

Those few minutes of being able to read Explorer window titles were fun.  :)

-Noel

Is drag&drop broken only on Win10 or does it happen in Win8.x too?

When I get a chance I'll test it on a Win 8.1 setup.

Specifically, what I'm seeing happen is when I drag a file to e.g., the Navigation Pane in Explorer, it freezes for a second or two before I ever get a chance to drop it, then the Explorer window just disappears.  I even had the desktop itself restart at one point.

Just to be clear, I was using the DLL you linked-to directly in post number 21, downloaded about 2-1/2 hours ago:  http://glass8.eu/out/UxThemeSignatureBypassAero.dll

Also, a minor nit, which is completely okay to live with:  The fonts in the captions of the Explorer tabs themselves (e.g., the green tab that says "Drive Tools") is altered to follow the selected colors as well.  In my case it was being drawn with a white color on the gray background I have specified in the theme atlas.  Completely okay, and completely readable, but unexpected and maybe not what you intended.

-Noel

Edited by NoelC

• 3 weeks later...

Nice!  Even changes the text on the Metro/Modern Apps.

Only glitch I can see is that on Metro/Modern Apps the caption glow is indexed to the top of the window, instead of to the center of the title bar where the text is.

TextGlowGlitch.png

-Noel

Can anyone provide a beginner tutorial on how to do this? I'm also curious if it still works after the latest windows update

• Use the new version of 'UxThemeSignatureBypass' with the 'AppInit_DLLs registry value' to inject and install with secure boot off per Big Muscle's website guide.
• Here's a multi-dll value that I use via the registry, just put your dll's in your AeroGlass directory then run.
~DP
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]"LoadAppInit_DLLs"=dword:00000001"RequireSignedAppInit_DLLs"=dword:00000000"AppInit_DLLs"="C:\\AeroGlass\\DWMGlass.dll,C:\\AeroGlass\\ModernFrame.dll,C:\\AeroGlass\\UxThemeSignatureBypass64.dll"

Nice!  Even changes the text on the Metro/Modern Apps.

Only glitch I can see is that on Metro/Modern Apps the caption glow is indexed to the top of the window, instead of to the center of the title bar where the text is.

TextGlowGlitch.png

-Noel

I have some fix for the glow vertical centering. However, the issue with "Drive tools" will be hard to fix, because this text is rendered with flag DTT_GLOW so I cannot differentiate from other items.

Can anyone provide a beginner tutorial on how to do this? I'm also curious if it still works after the latest windows update

• Use the new version of 'UxThemeSignatureBypass' with the 'AppInit_DLLs registry value' to inject and install with secure boot off per Big Muscle's website guide.
• Here's a multi-dll value that I use via the registry, just put your dll's in your AeroGlass directory then run.
~DP
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]"LoadAppInit_DLLs"=dword:00000001"RequireSignedAppInit_DLLs"=dword:00000000"AppInit_DLLs"="C:\\AeroGlass\\DWMGlass.dll,C:\\AeroGlass\\ModernFrame.dll,C:\\AeroGlass\\UxThemeSignatureBypass64.dll"

Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong? Here's what I did.

1. Move dll into AeroGlass folder in C

2. Use regedit and copied AppInit_DLLs"="C:\\AeroGlass\\DWMGlass.dll,C:\\AeroGlass\\ModernFrame.dll,C:\\AeroGlass\\UxThemeSignatureBypass64.dll as seen below.

3. Disabled secure boot from BIOS.

4. Still some processes like run and control panel did not change text color

f70RXX.png

Edit: Alright after like 6 edits I finally got it working! I reinstalled aero and it worked for some reason lol. Now Just gotta donate so I can get rid of the watermark

Edited by TheLegend90