UxTheme Signature Bypass

bigmuscle

I have some fix for the glow vertical centering. However, the issue with "Drive tools" will be hard to fix, because this text is rendered with flag DTT_GLOW so I cannot differentiate from other items.

Honestly, I really don't see the tab text as a problem at all.  It's just as readable as if it were black.  It would be acceptable if you were to just leave it as is.

-Noel

Can anyone provide a beginner tutorial on how to do this? I'm also curious if it still works after the latest windows update

• Use the new version of 'UxThemeSignatureBypass' with the 'AppInit_DLLs registry value' to inject and install with secure boot off per Big Muscle's website guide.
• Here's a multi-dll value that I use via the registry, just put your dll's in your AeroGlass directory then run.
~DP
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]"LoadAppInit_DLLs"=dword:00000001"RequireSignedAppInit_DLLs"=dword:00000000"AppInit_DLLs"="C:\\AeroGlass\\DWMGlass.dll,C:\\AeroGlass\\ModernFrame.dll,C:\\AeroGlass\\UxThemeSignatureBypass64.dll"

Can anyone see what I'm doing wrong? Here's what I did.

1. Move dll into AeroGlass folder in C

2. Use regedit and copied AppInit_DLLs"="C:\\AeroGlass\\DWMGlass.dll,C:\\AeroGlass\\ModernFrame.dll,C:\\AeroGlass\\UxThemeSignatureBypass64.dll as seen below.

3. Disabled secure boot from BIOS.

4. Still some processes like run and control panel did not change text color

f70RXX.png

Edit: Alright after like 6 edits I finally got it working! I reinstalled aero and it worked for some reason lol. Now Just gotta donate so I can get rid of the watermark

glad u got it working and go Broncos!

~DP

Except DWMGlass.dll has nothing to do in AppInit_DLLs.

My bad,although I can not tell it will make any difference, also for 32-bit theme apps you will need to do the same
install procedure.
~DP
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]"LoadAppInit_DLLs"=dword:00000001"RequireSignedAppInit_DLLs"=dword:00000000"AppInit_DLLs"="C:\\AeroGlass\\ModernFrame.dll,C:\\AeroGlass\\UxThemeSignatureBypass32.dll"

Except DWMGlass.dll has nothing to do in AppInit_DLLs.

My bad,although I can not tell it will make any difference, also for 32-bit theme apps you will need to do the same
install procedure.
~DP
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]"LoadAppInit_DLLs"=dword:00000001"RequireSignedAppInit_DLLs"=dword:00000000"AppInit_DLLs"="C:\\AeroGlass\\ModernFrame.dll,C:\\AeroGlass\\UxThemeSignatureBypass32.dll"

Wow this is frustrating...I restart my computer and now it's back to not working again. Any ideas? I just udated this registry value too but that was after it stopped working

Normally you do not want to put the double slashes actually in the registry.  They show in DosProbie's .reg file above because the registry editor needs slashes to be escaped.

Also you do not need DWMGlass.dll in the AppInit_DLLs value at all.  the Aerohost entry that gets added to your Task Scheduler starts and manages it.

-Noel

Can anyone provide a beginner tutorial on how to do this? I'm also curious if it still works after the latest windows update

• Use the new version of 'UxThemeSignatureBypass' with the 'AppInit_DLLs registry value' to inject and install with secure boot off per Big Muscle's website guide.
• Here's a multi-dll value that I use via the registry, just put your dll's in your AeroGlass directory then run.
~DP
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows]"LoadAppInit_DLLs"=dword:00000001"RequireSignedAppInit_DLLs"=dword:00000000"AppInit_DLLs"="C:\\AeroGlass\\DWMGlass.dll,C:\\AeroGlass\\ModernFrame.dll,C:\\AeroGlass\\UxThemeSignatureBypass64.dll"

2. Use regedit and copied AppInit_DLLs"="C:\\AeroGlass\\DWMGlass.dll,C:\\AeroGlass\\ModernFrame.dll,C:\\AeroGlass\\UxThemeSignatureBypass64.dll as seen below.

f70RXX.png

Your screen shot shows the AppInit path with double slashes and not with single backslashes since you entered the info manually and not as a registry file from the script I provided you.

~DP

~DP

f70RXX.png

Your screen shot shows the AppInit path with double slashes and not with single backslashes since you entered the info manually and not as a registry file from the script I provided you.

~DP

So what exactly should I have pasted in the box? Or do I not even do it like this? Currently have:

C:\\AeroGlass\\ModernFrame.dll,C:\\AeroGlass\\UxThemeSignatureBypass64.dll

It has worked so far but I'm getting a huge memory leak

Edited by TheLegend90

Here is small beta update.

Added DrawThemeTextEx hook to follow Aero Glass caption settings. Thus if you use custom atlas for Aero Glass which include glyph for caption glow then captions drawn using DrawThemeTextEx will have glow effect too.

Settings ColorizationColorCaption and TextGlowMode are respected.

It is not tested much, so it maybe buggy. Currently 64-bit only. More fixes and updates after X-mas.

http://glass8.eu/out/UxThemeSignatureBypassAero.dll

DOA #404

TheLegend90, on 11 Mar 2015 - 10:28 PM, said:

So what exactly should I have pasted in the box? Or do I not even do it like this? Currently have:

SINGLE backslashes and you can add quotes for good measure as well. just copy and paste this 

"C:\AeroGlass\ModernFrame.dll,C:\AeroGlass\UxThemeSignatureBypass64.dll"

~DP

Edited by DosProbie

TheLegend90, on 11 Mar 2015 - 10:28 PM, said:

SINGLE backslashes and you can add quotes for good measure as well. just copy and paste this 

"C:\AeroGlass\ModernFrame.dll,C:\AeroGlass\UxThemeSignatureBypass64.dll"

~DP

Well after copying and pasting that it doesn't work again. Is there an alternate way of doing this besides the way I'm doing it? For the memory leak I just notice my memory usage creeping up despite not doing anything. I'll have just chrome open browsing and 2 hours later I'm sitting at 70% usage. I have 8 gb of RAM too