Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Windows 2000 on Haswell?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

blackwingcat

blackwingcat

Friend of MSFN

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 762 posts

Hi.

I see usually that w2k hangs up on "Setup is starting Windows 2000" without SP4 RP1 Integrated.

What did you integrated your DVD ?

I think the Intel 11.2 driver has not relation.

I checked your iso file.

It may be come from USB compatibility problem.

I will restart to create deutsch extended kernel hfslip image soon.

Hi, The error "iastor.sys is corrupted" was solved by copying the whole STORAGE Folder from exkernel hfslip DVD. Perhaps my download of Intel 89c driver from your website got really corrupted somehow. Now the Image installs flawlessly on vm. But on real install, w2k hangs up on "Setup is starting Windows 2000" again. without bsod like with original CD. From this I have to follow sadly, that w2k, will not install on haswell Notebook, although Intel ahci 89c and exkernel v16 are used. Nevertheless I have uploaded the iso on google drive (it is 16h21m.iso), perhaps I have missed something.

I also tried using Intel 11.2. ahci Driver modded by Fernando which worked fine with Windows xp. In this case, the Installation of w2k stops with the message "insufficiant (memory?/harddisk?) space for ntfs.sys" (in german original: "unzureichender Speicherplatz für ntfs.sys"). From this I followed, that perhaps this driver could work, but w2k txtmode setup  cannot detect the hardware components properly. I have uploaded this iso,too, for further experiments.(20h49m.iso). If you will not find any mistake in the isos, my next step will be edit txtsetup.sif to tell w2k the hardware components. Perhaps also using some components of xp txtmode setup with kernelex could be a solution.

Edited by blackwingcat, 20 August 2014 - 10:25 PM.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
BlackWingCat =^^=
http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

JosefReisinger

JosefReisinger
  • 7 posts

Hi.

Of course SP4 RP1 was integrated, also all possible official updates and official hotfixes (SP5). I am not sure if USB is the problem, because also english exkernel DVD hangs up on "Setup is starting Windows 2000". I have two USB devices PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C26 which is Intel 8 USB 2.0 and PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C31 for USB 3.0 Intel eXtensible which can be set in compat mode with BIOS. Also there is USB Webcam which I cannot disable on installation. I will try to add the ID´s according to your ADDSIF.ini in my storage.ini. Perhaps w2k gets confused with PCMCIA card reader, so I will add it too; I will post the results here.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for creating exkernel german DVD!

Edited by JosefReisinger, Today, 02:10 AM.

resetes12

resetes12
  • 1 posts

I' m building a PC with a Gigabyte H81 and i3 4130. I have an "old" HDD with Windows XP.

If I put the HDD in the new PC, will Windows XP boot? I dont need any other drivers like Intel HD Graphics or Intel HD Sound, I only need to make it boot and work like normally. Will WinXP boot? I will need to change the HDD to IDE or not? Anything more?

Thanks in advance!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

jaclaz, resetes12

How to remove advertisement from MSFN