Windows 2000 on Haswell?

AnX

I have to agree with Dencorso about this.

Haswell was never going to get XP support from Intel even though it came out in 2014.  Had Microsoft expanded their support till 2015 or later then things might be different now.

When researching motherboards, the Sandy Bridge Z68 had Intel HD 1000 -> Intel HD 3000 IGPUs that started out with XP driver support if I recall correctly.  I don't think it came at a later stage as a hindsight or backlash from user complaints.

This gave me hope to try out a Sandy Bridge with their first integrated GPU inside the CPU.

The original Z68 motherboard I wanted was discontinued so I tried a Z77 instead which is basically the same as a Z68 but improved and had PCIe 3.0 and USB 3.0 support for both Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge CPUs.

Also the Intel HD 4000 had XP driver support which made me more inclined to jump on board.

When I started to hear reports of Haswell's power efficiency I checked out the early Haswell Intel HD graphics driver for XP support and there was none.

And since Z77's were about to be discontinued I grabbed over a half dozen of these motherboards as backups for my legacy support.

I originally had high expectations for Haswell but why eliminate something as simple as an Intel HD graphics driver for XP?  How much does it really cost to program such a driver even for basic desktop needs?  Or why not disclose the source code so Haswell users could program it for themselves?  Also at the time about 1/3 of all computers online were supposedly still running XP.

It didn't make sense why they chose to eliminate support in their 4th generation IGPUs except to force people to upgrade to Vista, 7, and 8.

Another early indication of this was the Intel HD driver did not include HDCP/COOP support which meant Blu-ray software players would not work with it.

Here is a link that proves there is no XP support for Intel HD 4th generation IGPUs and the last one being the 3rd generation Intel HD 4000.

http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/sb/CS-034343.htm

However, aren't there some cheap Celeron 4th generation Haswell CPUs equipped with the very basic Intel HD 1000 IGPUs which is now called the Intel HD GT1 on Haswell?

Take for example the Intel® Celeron® Processor G1820 (2M Cache, 2.70 GHz).

http://ark.intel.com/products/78955/Intel-Celeron-Processor-G1820-2M-Cache-2_70-GHz

The specifications label it simply as:

Processor Graphics Intel® HD Graphics

Currently around $50

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?gclid=CLeO8sGQ2r8CFeXm7AodUwoADg&Item=N82E16819116974&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-_-pla-_-Processors+-+Desktops-_-N82E16819116974&ef_id=U4z--QAAAC7iUw@E:20140723000046:s

Has anyone tried getting one of these to install under Windows XP rather than an Intel HD 4200 or higher IGPU model?

If that does work then that would be a loophole in getting Windows XP IGPU support on a Haswell.  According to this link Intel HD GT1 is uses 10 execution units which is fairly similar to the performance of the Intel HD 3000 with 12 execution units but according to the GFLOPS the GT1 is superior but still inferior to the Intel HD 4000 GLOPS performance.

The other thing that upset me about Haswell was Intel also did not offer any SATA AHCI XP drivers so you couldn't natively install it unless you used IDE emulation mode which only some desktop BIOSes could do.  I believe most laptop BIOSes don't even give you option for IDE emulation anymore.

Edited by 98SE

Hi.

Intel said to use inbox audio driver.

If you want to use it on Window 98SE, install the  Universal VESA driver.

IMO, at the moment (and today is Apr 21, 2014) there's no way to get either Win 2000 or Win XP running correctly on Haswell processosrs. There's no decent embedded Graphic Adapter drivers, so an external Graphics card is a must. And there's no support at all for Intel USB 3.0... Therefore, IMO, it's much better to go Ivy Bridge. This is just my 2¢, of course and, particularly here, YMMV a lot. 

Hello Dencorso,

I use an Ivy Bridge running on XP.

Sata AHCI driver - working

Intel HD 4000 HDMI video driver - working

Intel HD 4000 HDMI audio driver - working

Those are the minimum requirements to install and use XP.

Working SATA AHCI drivers, video driver, and audio driver.

All the other things such as Wired Network and Wireless Network are optional and easy to find.

Some may even choose not to install these drivers so that their system is more secure.

Also I've seen some talk about getting Windows 2000 Professional working on an Ivy Bridge Z77.

Does anyone have a direct link for stable SATA AHCI drivers to install by F6 floppy?

My current chipset is the:

Intel® 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller

Device Instance ID:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E02&SUBSYS_1E021849&REV_04\3&11583659&0&FA

Are there any working Intel HD graphic drivers for installing under Windows 2000 Professional or been any development in programming an Intel HD graphics driver to use under Windows 2000 Professional and if possible Intel HD HDMI audio as well?

This was my second favorite operating system before I was forced to use XP because software programs wouldn't install without the XP requirement.

Furthermore, I'm also interested if it is possible to get Intel HD graphics driver to use under Window 98SE?  Has someone made any headway in programming one or is it remotely possible to reverse engineer or modify the XP driver to work under 2000 and later refined to work under 98SE with HDMI and HDMI audio?  This would be a tremendous step forward in furthering my legacy support all in one machine.

The RENESAS USB3.0 requires Windows 2000 Extended Kernel Kit from Hfslip.

Now If one wants to use Haswell VGA on XP or 2000, one can't avoid using the universal VESA VBE driver.

So does that mean USB 3.0 doesn't work at all under Windows 2000?

Is there any way to get true USB 3.0 speeds on XP?  I've only been able to use it at USB 2.0 speeds.

Also is there any way to get USB 3.0 speeds on Vista SP2?  I still prefer Vista SP2 over Windows 7 since they removed the Quick Launch and the Windows Classic look that I prefer.

That is the only thing currently missing from Windows 7 preventing me from fully adopting it.  The only thing I see Windows 7 can do that Vista nor XP can't at the moment is full USB 3.0 speeds.

As for the Intel HD graphics under Haswell, did you ever get any of those Official or Unofficial drivers ever work under XP?

And if so, could you provide the links for those?  I am planning to get a Broadwell motherboard when it comes out.

Hi.

Can you tell me what you meant by the inbox audio driver?

And this is for using which sound card under Windows 98SE?

Where is it?  And could you provide the link?

As for the Universal VESA driver, I haven't tried that out but did look into it awhile back when I stumbled upon this forum.

So you're saying that there is no way to program an Intel HD graphics driver to run under Windows 98SE, nor using it with the HDMI port so you can get audio as well?

Edited by 98SE

Hi.

Hello again Blackwingcat,

I was reading some posts that talked about how you created Windows 2000 drivers for the Radeon up to the HD 6000 Series.

I saw your website that you are from Japan.

I wanted to say, "Geng Kee Doh", and a big thanks for all your hard work thus far!

How are you creating these graphic drivers to run under Windows 2000?

Do you require XP drivers from the manufacturer in order to do this by modifying the .INF files to refer to the Hardware ID and making them for Windows 2000?

Or are you doing some graphics driver programming that requires more expertise than most people here can accomplish?

I would like to know how you are doing this because I would like to try and help create one for the nVidia GTX 750.  I believe this will be the most popular card for legacy OS applications and gaming.

This is the most power efficient card and probably the last generation from nVidia or AMD that still has XP driver support.

It uses only 55 Watts MAX TDP and the best model I've found is a single rear slot bracket that has a VGA, DVI-D, and HDMI with audio connectors.

GTX750-PHOC-1GD5

http://www.asus.com/jp/Graphics_Cards/GTX750PHOC1GD5/

http://www.asus.com/jp/Graphics_Cards/GTX750PHOC1GD5/gallery/

http://www.amazon.co.jp/ASUSTeK-NVIDIA-GTX750-ASUS%E3%82%AA%E3%83%AA%E3%82%B8%E3%83%8A%E3%83%AB%E3%83%95%E3%82%A1%E3%83%B3%E6%90%AD%E8%BC%89-GTX750-PHOC-1GD5/dp/B00IB9P1GK

2GB model:

GTX750-PHOC-2GD5

http://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/GTX750PHOC2GD5/gallery/

Here is a link to the English XP graphics driver:

us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/337.88/337.88-desktop-winxp-32bit-english.exe

And the Japanese XP graphics driver:

jp.download.nvidia.com/Windows/337.88/337.88-desktop-winxp-32bit-international.exe

Let me know as I would like to help make this happen.

"Jah Nay"

Edited by 98SE

You can select 4 types Windows 2000.

1. Native Windows 2000.

2. Native Windows 2000 overriden UUR

3. Native Windows 2000 overriden Extended Kernel

4. Install from Extended Kernel Kit DVD.

RENESAS USB3.0 Board only works on "4" environment.

I use the Texas Instruments TUSB73x0 USB 3.0 board.

I satisfy its speed on Windows 2000, and it lessor than other OS.

(I don't know RENESAS USB3.0 driver)

Official XP Haswell driver has many bugs so we can't use it.

For example Inbox HD Audio driver the following site.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsCheck.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

If you want  to use GTX750 on Windows 2000, you had better use 331.65 driver for Windows 2000 on My site.(It requires extended kernel and Kernel core)

The RENESAS USB3.0 requires Windows 2000 Extended Kernel Kit from Hfslip.

Now If one wants to use Haswell VGA on XP or 2000, one can't avoid using the universal VESA VBE driver.

So does that mean USB 3.0 doesn't work at all under Windows 2000?

Is there any way to get true USB 3.0 speeds on XP?  I've only been able to use it at USB 2.0 speeds.

Also is there any way to get USB 3.0 speeds on Vista SP2?  I still prefer Vista SP2 over Windows 7 since they removed the Quick Launch and the Windows Classic look that I prefer.

That is the only thing currently missing from Windows 7 preventing me from fully adopting it.  The only thing I see Windows 7 can do that Vista nor XP can't at the moment is full USB 3.0 speeds.

As for the Intel HD graphics under Haswell, did you ever get any of those Official or Unofficial drivers ever work under XP?

And if so, could you provide the links for those?  I am planning to get a Broadwell motherboard when it comes out.

Can you tell me what you meant by the inbox audio driver?

You can select 4 types Windows 2000.

1. Native Windows 2000.

2. Native Windows 2000 overriden UUR

3. Native Windows 2000 overriden Extended Kernel

4. Install from Extended Kernel Kit DVD.

RENESAS USB3.0 Board only works on "4" environment.

I use the Texas Instruments TUSB73x0 USB 3.0 board.

I satisfy its speed on Windows 2000, and it lessor than other OS.

(I don't know RENESAS USB3.0 driver)

Official XP Haswell driver has many bugs so we can't use it.

For example Inbox HD Audio driver the following site.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsCheck.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

If you want  to use GTX750 on Windows 2000, you had better use 331.65 driver for Windows 2000 on My site.(It requires extended kernel and Kernel core)

Hello Blackwingcat,

I now understand what you meant by "inbox audio driver".

You meant the built in integrated audio on the motherboard such as a Realtek Audio codec.

Sorry for the confusion.  I kept wondering what you meant by "inbox" probably "in the box audio driver" I would have figured it out sooner. :)

[uSB 3.0.]

I am using an Etron USB 3.0 Extensible Host Controller and Root Hub.

Regarding USB 3.0 speeds on XP or Vista is that even possible?

All the manufacturer USB 3.0 drivers for USB 3.0 Full Speed seems to be for Windows 7 and up.

All the drivers I install seem to operate at USB 2.0 speeds on XP and Vista.  I will also assume 2000 as well.

I have located the nVidia driver on your page here:

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1828812.html

Content: nVIDIA 331.65 WQHL Driver

Filename: nvw2k33165.zip

Language: Multi

Last Update: 2013/11/18

Download size: 160M

Version: 1.0

Requirement: Windows 2000 SP4 + Extended Kernel v22

Caution: Do not select "Change resolution" in the NVIDIA Control panel

I believe this is the correct link?

http://w2k.flxsrv.org/cgi-bin/dl.cgi?file=nvw2k33165.zip

I am curious the version files are 2013, how can it know about the GTX 750 which was released in 2014?

(You said the GTX 750 graphics driver requires extended kernel and Kernel core)

Where is the link for the extended kernel?

When you said Kernel core do you mean my original Windows 2000 Professional without Service Pack?

Hi.

* HD Audio

I think that almost Ivy and Haswell chipset computer has Intel native HD audio and inbox HD Audio (for example Realtek or SoundMAX or Sigmatel or Conexant or so on)

*USB 3.0

I think your saying is "Intel USB 3.0 xHCI" included Haswell chipset, its XP and vista drivers are not provided, so they work USB 2.0 compatible mode.

If haswell mother board has external USB 3.0, you can use USB 3.0 driver on Windows 2000 and XP and Vista.

*nVIDIA

Of course I think you should customize inf for GTX 750.

Extended Core.

I think extended core should at least it requires applied SP4. because ntoskrnl.exe has a strong bound Service Pack version.

Hello Blackwingcat,

I now understand what you meant by "inbox audio driver".

You meant the built in integrated audio on the motherboard such as a Realtek Audio codec.

Sorry for the confusion.  I kept wondering what you meant by "inbox" probably "in the box audio driver" I would have figured it out sooner. :)

[uSB 3.0.]

I am using an Etron USB 3.0 Extensible Host Controller and Root Hub.

Regarding USB 3.0 speeds on XP or Vista is that even possible?

All the manufacturer USB 3.0 drivers for USB 3.0 Full Speed seems to be for Windows 7 and up.

All the drivers I install seem to operate at USB 2.0 speeds on XP and Vista.  I will also assume 2000 as well.

I have located the nVidia driver on your page here:

http://blog.livedoor.jp/blackwingcat/archives/1828812.html

Content: nVIDIA 331.65 WQHL Driver
Filename: nvw2k33165.zip
Language: Multi
Last Update: 2013/11/18
Download size: 160M
Version: 1.0
Requirement: Windows 2000 SP4 + Extended Kernel v22
Caution: Do not select "Change resolution" in the NVIDIA Control panel

I believe this is the correct link?

http://w2k.flxsrv.org/cgi-bin/dl.cgi?file=nvw2k33165.zip

I am curious the version files are 2013, how can it know about the GTX 750 which was released in 2014?

(You said the GTX 750 graphics driver requires extended kernel and Kernel core)

Where is the link for the extended kernel?

When you said Kernel core do you mean my original Windows 2000 Professional without Service Pack?

Sorry my questions and answers are inside the quote below.

Hi.

* HD Audio

I think that almost Ivy and Haswell chipset computer has Intel native HD audio and inbox HD Audio (for example Realtek or SoundMAX or Sigmatel or Conexant or so on)

Hello Blackwingcat the above statement is correct and most Haswell, Ivy Bridge, and Sandy Bridge based motherboards are probably using the integrated audio from either the Intel HD HDMI audio via the Intel HD Graphics CPU or from an integrated audio from Realtek.

I have an Ivy Bridge system but I'm wondering has anyone tried just installing the Intel HD HDMI audio driver under Windows 2000?

Since it works under XP I would assume changing the .INF files to work under Windows 2000 would be easy to do?

*USB 3.0

I think your saying is "Intel USB 3.0 xHCI" included Haswell chipset, its XP and vista drivers are not provided, so they work USB 2.0 compatible mode.

If haswell mother board has external USB 3.0, you can use USB 3.0 driver on Windows 2000 and XP and Vista.

Yes that is what I am saying.  Also you mentioned 2000 and XP support for full USB 3.0 speeds from "External USB 3.0"?

Do you mean an internal PCI or PCIe add on card from another manufacturer that is not integrated into the motherboard?

Can you give me an example of this "external USB 3.0" that works under 2000 and also XP at full USB 3.0 speeds?

My motherboard has both integrated Intel USB 3.0 ports and Etron USB 3.0 ports.

Also I am using a Z77 chipset with an Ivy Bridge CPU on the motherboard.

I was only curious if USB 3.0 full support was ever hacked or tricked into working on Windows XP SP3 or Vista SP2 yet for either Intel USB 3.0 or Etron USB 3.0 ports?

At the moment I can only get USB 2.0 Full Speed on the Etron USB 3.0 ports and Intel USB 3.0 ports.

This is a minor inconvenience but I hope to one day use full USB 3.0 speeds under Windows 2000, XP, and Vista.

*nVIDIA

Of course I think you should customize inf for GTX 750.

Is there a link to a thread that describes how to customize the INF for unlisted graphics cards for your drivers?

I need some sort of template to help me figure out what you are doing in the INF files so I can do it too.

Are all nVidia drivers very similar to each other?  Can replacing the .INF lines for GTX 650 work for a GTX 750 driver?

The GTX 750 is Maxwell architecture so I'm wondering if this would be incompatible?

Extended Core.

I think extended core should at least it requires applied SP4. because ntoskrnl.exe has a strong bound Service Pack version.

I have Windows 2000 Professional slipstreamed with SP4.  Will installing your nVidia graphics driver work on this or do I have to install other Kernel extensions or updates before installing the graphics driver?

Thank you for your help Blackwingcat,

Jah Nay

Edited by 98SE

• 3 weeks later...

I got Wndows xp32 and xp64 working on intel haswell on ASUS Notebook with i7 - with the restrictions which were mentioned in this topic - no intel hd graphics, no intel audio, no usb 3.0. Also for me, graphics driver 5449 and 5445 from intel ended up with BSOD with xp86 and 64. Furthermore, I have a second gt820m graphics card in this notebook, also this official xp driver from nvidia 337.88 causes bsod, Dptf patricipiant drivers and MEI install OK, but with yellow mark. 

Question: Could the problem be the PCI bus not properly enumerated in xp with isapnp (and accordingly in w2k)? If I look at system devices in w8.1, I have Intel 8 LPC Controller 9C43, 4 PCI Root Ports , 9C10, 14, 16, 18 and PCI Standard Host CPU bridge 0A04, all enumerated with subsys 15AD1043. In wxp, both 32 and 64, they get enumerated with subsys_00000000. I tried changing the registry to get them enumerated correctly with no success. Perhaps driver installation would be easier if subsys enumerated correctly? Or with modded msisadrv.sys instead of isapnp?

As mentioned in this topic, too, there seem to be only few people with interest on FULLY working xp or w2k on haswell or testing modded driver. I would appreciate to test any modded driver (VGA, Audio, USB3.0, DPTF, MEI), because I like FREE decision of OS for everyone, which seems to get harder and harder now.

Joe

Edited by JosefReisinger

Hi.

What product did you get the ASUS note ?

I can't understand your problem meaning, could you show me the GUI (a screenshot of it) ?

1. you can try to install universal VGA driver.

2. Is there another Audio device , for example Realtek ?

3. I think hybrid VGA would not work with nVIDIA mode also on Windows XP. I am interesting how did you make enabled it .

Hello,

Product is R752LD, also named x751l. It is Haswell 4th. generation with intel 8 chipset. It had windows 8.1 installed, so I can make comparison with windows XP (system devices). From screenshot, you cannot see this, so I list it up.

COMPARISON DEVICE ID's:

W8.1 Device enumeration:

Intel 8 Series LPC Controller (Premium SKU) - 9C43:            PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C43&SUBSYS_15AD1043&REV....

Intel 8 PCI Express Root Port #1 - 9C10:       PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C10&SUBSYS_15AD1043&REV...

Intel 8 PCI Express Root Port #3 - 9C14:       PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C14&SUBSYS_15AD1043&REV...

Intel 8 PCI Express Root Port #4 - 9C16:       PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C16&SUBSYS_15AD1043&REV...

Intel 8 PCI Express Root Port #5 - 9C18:       PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C18&SUBSYS_15AD1043&REV...

PCI standard host CPU Bridge:           PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0A04&SUBSYS_15AD1043&REV...

Wxp Device enumeration (both x86 and x64):

Intel 8 Series LPC Controller (Premium SKU) - 9C43:            PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C43&SUBSYS_00000000&REV....

Intel 8 PCI Express Root Port #1 - 9C10:       PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C10&SUBSYS_00000000&REV...

Intel 8 PCI Express Root Port #3 - 9C14:       PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C14&SUBSYS_00000000&REV...

Intel 8 PCI Express Root Port #4 - 9C16:       PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C16&SUBSYS_00000000&REV...

Intel 8 PCI Express Root Port #5 - 9C18:       PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_9C18&SUBSYS_00000000&REV...

PCI standard host CPU Bridge:                       PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0A04&SUBSYS_00000000&REV...

Furthermore, no MSSMBIOS system device is set up in windows xp during installation like in w8.1.

The PCI devices seem to function poperly in xp, no exclamation mark in device mgr.

All other PCI devices are enumerated same like in w81 with SUBSYS_15AD1043, e.g. both of my vga devices (Intel HD graphics family and nvidia GT820M).

From this I followed, that xp is not able to find subsys during installation on that six PCI devices (isapnp.sys). So it will not be able to call the subsys if a driver want to do so. Could this be a reason for BSOD with vga drivers on haswell?

1. On XP64 and XP86, intel hd graphics work well with standard vga driver. I can set up to 1600x900x32 resolution. I also tried VESA (vbemp), same like standard vga with xp, but good for downgrading to w2k.

2. Realtek inbox driver work well in my case. I got Intel Display Audio installed without exclamation mark, so I think drivers for Windows 7 can be used, problem is the inf file from windows 7, which will not tell audio hardware manager to add the device, so it cannot be used.

3. nvidia drivers: there are 337.88 desktop xp driver and 337.88 notebook driver for win7 and win8. If you copy nvami.inf from w7/8 driver version into xp version Display.Driver folder, it will will install flawlessly, but cause BSOD in XP64. In xp86, no bsod, but blank screen and WORKING windows (you can hear sound, shutdown etc).

DPTF - Driver (main) I use version 6.0.1.1067 from intel. It had exclamation mark until I changed "Microcode update device" into "IWD Bus enumerator" with iwdbus.inf (comes with Intel Audio driver 3.5.32.0. Now, only the DPTF participant drivers show yellow exclamation mark.

@Blackwingcat: did you get my emails and uploads concerning exkernel DEU version w2k on intel haswell?

Joe

e

Hi.

1. The Intel XP Haswell driver has also problem with Ivy mother board.

So, I think that it has not  related  with SUBSYS.

2.  Intel Display Audio was not supported on XP and Win7 driver is not compatible.

3. On my environment nVidia driver 334 and later version have problem on Windows 2000, so I use 331.

4. You may know , On the other day my environment NAS drive (It is made by Korea Samsung of all it !) crashed, so I'm recovering my environment.

VMWare Environment has not recovered yet.

But I released recent Deutsch version Kernel Core v16a yesterday.

Have you try it ?

Hello,

Product is R752LD, also named x751l. It is Haswell 4th. generation with intel 8 chipset. It had windows 8.1 installed, so I can make comparison with windows XP (system devices). From screenshot, you cannot see this, so I list it up.

@Blackwingcat: did you get my emails and uploads concerning exkernel DEU version w2k on intel haswell?

Joe

e

Edited by blackwingcat

Hi, thank you for answer!.

Now I got Deutsch version Kernel Core v16a (kb 979683) from your Website and tested in vmware. Seems to work great in german invirement. Now I want to slipstream exkernel into w2k and hopefully install w2k on Intel haswell Notebook with XP txtmode ahci Driver 11.2. But HFSLIP complaines about command line option syntax error when put exkernel into HF. Can you give advice how to proceed?

Hi.

If you want to integrate to slipstream the Kernel Core, try the following way.

1. You compress NT*.exe to NT*.ex_ with cabarc

2. copy to the NT*.ex_ into \REPLACE\i386

3. copy to NT*.exe to HFEXPERT\DRIVERCAB(not compressed)

4. The other *.sys files in Kernel core are copied to HFEXPERT\WIN\system32\Drivers and HFEXPERT\DRIVERCAB (please reference English version Windows 2000 Hfslip kit)

5. You can use Intel SATA AHCI Driver 8.9 as same as English version Windows 2000 Hfslip kit (Please look at HFEXPERT\STORAGE)

Hi, thank you for answer!.

Now I got Deutsch version Kernel Core v16a (kb 979683) from your Website and tested in vmware. Seems to work great in german invirement. Now I want to slipstream exkernel into w2k and hopefully install w2k on Intel haswell Notebook with XP txtmode ahci Driver 11.2. But HFSLIP complaines about command line option syntax error when put exkernel into HF. Can you give advice how to proceed?

Edited by blackwingcat