YE ! my windows 2000 boat is AFLOAT - THANK YOU ALL and blackwingcat ! (and this message is being written on windows 2000 !)
I didn't have onboard serial, it turns out that the nLite integration of the drivers was messed up because it was done after the HFSLIP, so I started from scratch and performed the INF and AHCI driver integration before the HFSLIP process - and it worked !
so what is up ? ACPI-PC and ACPI-MP cause the freezing of the setup at "setup is starting windows 2000", MPS-MP causes setup BSOD, after installation changing from Standard-PC to ACPI-MP causes BSOD at boot - all that no surprises and no revelations (and this cannot be fixed in safe mode - it doesn't allow you to enter safe mode at all).
so I advice everyone who is planning on building a windows 2000 boat - make sure to integrate storage and INF drivers in nLite before starting the HFSLIP process
the good news:
- Radeon HD 7950 - thanks to blackwingcat's 13.4 driver works properly (out of the box - as in via device manager manual installation)
- network card driver - works properly (out of the box) - but make sure to set your network parameters before the first reboot otherwise you will get "stuckings"
- Realtek audio - works properly (out of the box)
- hardware accelerated DirectX games work properly (out of the box)
- MSI Afterburner 2.3.1 works properly (out of the box)
- RivaTuner 2.24 works properly (out of the box)
- PAE works and I can access all 32 GB of RAM (but the question remains if the drivers will cooperate, another question is how mutch "golden" memory is used to the "windowing games")
- SMB works and I can connect to my samba linux server (out of the box)
- CPU temperature is good (no high idle temperatures bug) (and hwinfo 32 works)
- hidusbf USB filter driver works and allows to go all the way to 1000 Hz with USB xHCI
- need for speed most wanted works very well with all the mods and there are no "stuckings"
- and it's FAST, despite the 2 facts that my windows XP x64 SP2 was nLited and only one CPU core is used and this windows 2000 installation was not - this one is MUCH faster
a few bugs:
- Left 4 Dead works at 85 FPS (when in windows XP x64 SP2 it's at 150 FPS) (maybe for the same reason Race Driver GRID exits - no SSE2 support in the OS)
- all websites in firefox are black when display is at 16/32 bit, but works properly when display on 256 colors
- Starcraft 2 is stuck at loading screen and eventually crashes
- Race Driver GRID says the processor does not support SSE2 instructions and exits
Edited by monohouse, 24 March 2015 - 07:28 PM.