Accidental Vista user

Flasche

Changes to Superfetch to make it not as aggressive on RAM usage

this makes Win7 worse. The responsiveness of Vista is better because of the better Superfetch.

One thing I can say is that vista is much faster on this computer than 7 ever was.

If you give me the hardware id I can find the latest driver that supported vista

Hey, if you are happy with Vista, then by all means keep using it

PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3090&SUBSYS_663211AD&REV_00

PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3090&SUBSYS_663211AD

PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3090&CC_028000

PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_3090&CC_0280

Though you dont need to since some guy on the HP forums found the driver. http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware/Hp-Pavilion-p6510y-desktop-network-controler-for-Windows/td-p/3530305

I'm good to go :thumbup

Edited by Flasche

(oh, jeez...) :blushing: That's what I really meant - Trade ya one PID/VID for two VEN/DEV's. :zzz:

How about 2 for 4. Seriously though thanks for ya help. OT: curious though do you have some webpage so I can do better google searches. I remember ages ago they taught me in school but no one cared to pay attention, but now I see the importance when finding things like dang drivers.

Hey MagicAndre1981:

You mention that Windows 7 is worse than Vista because its SuperFetch is less aggressive? I would be cautious with that statement. Both times I have installed Vista, I have found there to be better performance using just conventional prefetch. I have seen other systems showing this as well. Perhaps, the system was slow in relinquishing memory from SuperFetch use to regular application use, thus causing a bottleneck. Who's to say? I would say that in practice, Windows 7 outperforms Windows Vista in this area.

Though you dont need to since some guy on the HP forums found the driver. http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware/Hp-Pavilion-p6510y-desktop-network-controler-for-Windows/td-p/3530305

I'm good to go :thumbup

Here is a newer one with Vista support v5.0.3.0

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp63001-63500/sp63214.exe

Edited by ricktendo