Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Registering components setup stage

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

tjwasiak

tjwasiak
  • 7 posts
  • Joined 02-June 08

I would like to kindly ask how registering components XP setup stage is exactly controlled. I am having strange situation where something during this setup stage is changing my customized registry setting (I have checked that during Start Menu setup registry is set as I would like it to be and @T-13 it is not...).

I would like to try to find what is changing what during this stage and if I can do something about it.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

darky35

darky35

• 11 posts
  • Joined 17-November 11

I would like to kindly ask how registering components XP setup stage is exactly controlled. I am having strange situation where something during this setup stage is changing my customized registry setting (I have checked that during Start Menu setup registry is set as I would like it to be and @T-13 it is not...).

I would like to try to find what is changing what during this stage and if I can do something about it.

i usualy add a cmdlines.txt in a $oem$ folder saying

[Commands]

"REGEDIT /S Tweak.reg"
place my Tweak.reg file in there, then add the 5 folders as below 
$Docs 
inside another
All Users
inside another
Start Menu
another folder
Programs
and another
Startup
then add a start.bat saying
cmdow @ /hid
FOR %%I IN (D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z)
REGEDIT /S %CDROM%\$OEM$\Tweak.reg

Edited by darky35, 13 March 2014 - 07:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users