Outlook 2002 (XP) issues on Windows 98

Tommy

I'm trying to get Outlook 2002 going on Windows 98 and it continues to crash with a sorry for the inconvenience window. Further investigation leads me to believe it's a problem with email account creation. MAPI is also mentioned as an unspecified error when trying to send a Word document as an email attachment. When I manually try to enter my information into the Mail control panel icon, it lists a problem with the MLCFG32.CPL file and then just closes, it will not let me proceed. However, I don't think it's limited to Outlook 2002 because Outlook 97 also had issues creating a new mail account on Windows 98 after installing Unofficial Service Pack 3 and KernelEx 4.5.2. I have no other modifications done to this system aside from those items. So, is anyone able to make heads or tails of this error? Thanks in advanced for the help.

P.S: I'm using Thunderbird right now but I'd really prefer using Outlook if I can since I like the feel much better and I've been using it for years now.

P.S.S: I have also tried disabling KernelEx on Outlook and it makes no difference, I will boot into safe mode and see if that does anything.

P.S.S.S: Safe Mode does nothing to solve the problem, Outlook 2002 still crashes upon startup.

Edited by Tommy