Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

login without using windows hotmail accoount

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

COKEDUDEUSF

COKEDUDEUSF

• PipPip
  • 235 posts
  • Joined 24-January 07

When I first setup Windows 8 it forced me to use my windows hotmail account. How would I go about setting up a new password and removing my windows hotmail from the login credentials.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

tain

tain

Cyber Ops

• Super Moderator
  • 3,558 posts
  • Joined 24-September 05

Donator

There is an option to create and login with a local (non-Microsoft/Hotmail) account.  Create the new local user, give it administrator privileges, transfer your data to a place where you can get it, login with that local account, then delete/disable the Microsoft/Hotmail account.

NoelC

NoelC

Software Engineer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,931 posts
  • Joined 08-April 13

When I first setup Windows 8 it forced me to use my windows hotmail account.

Actually it didn't.  You just missed the intentionally difficult to see prompts that would have led you to be able to set it up with a local account.

It's one of the most devious things Microsoft has done, and very telling about how they view their users.  I'm surprised the Justice Department hasn't taken more notice of this predatory practice.

Note:

SignInWithMicrosoftAccount.png

SignInWithoutAMicrosoftAccount.png

SignInToYourPC.png

-Noel

HarryTri

HarryTri

• PipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Joined 17-August 12

Guys, I suppose you are talking about Windows 8.1 (yes it is outrageous, I also agree), Windows 8 have the option to create a local account from the beginning clearly. Also on Windows 8.1 you can turn your Microsoft account into a local one, just click on "Disconnect" in the account options.

I always love Windows XP!

epic

epic

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
  • Joined 13-January 05

When I first setup Windows 8 it forced me to use my windows hotmail account.

Actually it didn't.  You just missed the intentionally difficult to see prompts that would have led you to be able to set it up with a local account.

It's one of the most devious things Microsoft has done, and very telling about how they view their users.  I'm surprised the Justice Department hasn't taken more notice of this predatory practice.

I'm not surprised at all.

NoelC

NoelC

Software Engineer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,931 posts
  • Joined 08-April 13

Guys, I suppose you are talking about Windows 8.1 (yes it is outrageous, I also agree), Windows 8 have the option to create a local account from the beginning clearly.

The screen grabs I showed above are from Windows 8.1.  The option is there but it's anything but clear.

-Noel

jaclaz

jaclaz

The Finder

• Developer
  • 16,009 posts
  • Joined 23-July 04

The option is there but it's anything but clear.

Not entirely unike the invention Mr.Thorndike is credited with in "The Love Bug" ;):

http://www.subzin.co...nre=-1&type=All

Mr. Thorndyke:  You've heard of me? How charming!

Mr. Wu: Are you not the gentleman who originated the idea of small print...

Mr. Wu: on bottom of automobile sales contract?

Mr. Thorndyke:  The very same.

Mr. Wu: - A most worthy adversary. - You are most kind.

thorndyke.jpg

:lol:

jaclaz

HarryTri

HarryTri

• PipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Joined 17-August 12

Guys, I suppose you are talking about Windows 8.1 (yes it is outrageous, I also agree), Windows 8 have the option to create a local account from the beginning clearly.

The screen grabs I showed above are from Windows 8.1.  The option is there but it's anything but clear.

-Noel

Yes, that's what I say. Windows 8 that was preinstalled on my laptop gave me the option to create a local account clearly when I powered it for the first time whereas Windows 8.1 show these behavior. Of course I don't know if Windows 8 do the same when they are not preinstalled. :unsure:

I always love Windows XP!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users