Before DOOM there was Halloween Harry

ROTS

Now Halloween Harry was a great game, where you could travel across wide levels, accessing vending machines, and save babes, as well as fight evil babes. You thought Dangerous Dave, or Duke Nukem 1-3 was super-bad, you haven't seen anything yet. Also Harry does things in a friendly way as well, graphically being the game that every little boy of girl ( but mostly boys ) wanted, sadly it was a computer game, and never had the marketing, that was well deserved. Harry was threading across big cities, like the ones only found in Japanese, videogame adaptions, of comics. Then DOOM was born, and Harry was barely noticeable asides the small fan base.

The depressing part is the game was never released, on a home videogame system, so it never had the audience it needed. I could only assume, the game had clones of it, produced.

Edited by ROTS

Halloween Harry for some reason was repackaged ( among other edits ), with the name Alien Carnage. Personally I like the Halloween, better, as it was a unique title. I do not know the differences between two games asides the original shareware version of HH was limited to one stage, where you had to order the actual game to gain access to the rest.

However the owner of the game itself, considers it a different game for some reason.

In my opinion, it is because of the word "Halloween" in the title, and as we all know, many churchie's ( super religious folks ), in the west, do not get along with Halloween. Another idea might be, because of the "holiday" Purin, once again pointing the religious attributes.

Name the game "Alien Carnarge" pretty much give it a "Sci-fi" identity, automatically gives it more sales among religious people. Also the usage of the word Alien, probably felt restricted, due the common association with the movie itself. Finally Alien sounds more threatening then Halloween, especially with the fear of immigrants ( for people who read the news ).

In my opinion, the game has some taz-manian-devil, and "Thing" like enemies as well.

Edited by ROTS

Those 3d Realms (Apogee) games are great.

My favorites are Cyrstal Caves, Secret Agent, and Paganitzu :-)

Halloween Harry sort of reminds me of duke nukem, except with a jetpack, better graphics, and all those women that need to be rescued.

Edited by LostInSpace2012