Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Hex address for TrayNotify::Clock FONT:FONT

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Dogway

Dogway

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Joined 24-December 11

I want to change font size of taskbar clock from 9 to 8, so it creates extra room on my narrow taskbar to show also date, this is Win7. Image

As you can see this can be done with Style Builder, tested and worked on VM, but this program also writes some junk along that when booting to 7, it prompts the user login screens and prevents me to continue from there. So for lack of a better program I decided to just modify the msstyle by hex editing. I tried the simplest thing, save 2 copies of the file with style builder only changing the font size, and then compare hex, but it did change more than a simple value, so no luck there. Does anyone know exactly what (the adress) to change? I upload the msstyle if it helps.

Similarly the shell32.dll file bundled with the theme was compiled with resource hacker, and this originates conflicts with recent IExplorer versions. It has been proved that using restorator doesn't cause these problems but still need to know what to edit. On this theme shell32 is solely used to change the blue color of control panel or system info, not sure if they share the same resource but does anyone have an idea where to edit (ID number)?

Edited by Dogway, 10 March 2014 - 03:51 AM.

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

buyerninety

buyerninety

Dude,¯\_{ö}_/¯ where's my avatar?

• PipPip
  • 140 posts
  • Joined 18-August 10

I'll address only your first paragraph, as you didn't explicitly rule out using

software TClock or TclockEx, which I haven't used. (Perhaps consider this

the fallback option if no useful replies for your paragraph two and three.)

You may need to also associate a calendar app with the click execute on it.

http://www.littletec...-clock-for.html
http://www.sevenforu...ont-size-3.html
http://windowssecret...lock-font/page2

Dogway

Dogway

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  • Joined 24-December 11

Yes sorry, I actually solved the issue here.

I did it natively, I don't like installing applications for everything, at least if there is a more elegant solution.

petrus

petrus

• 29 posts
  • Joined 02-January 12

But speaking of T-Clock, for Windows 7 people should use T-Clock 2010, there is even a x64 build.

Edited by petrus, 08 April 2014 - 01:33 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users