When to update

mike13

I am currently running Windows 8.0 I never updated to Windows 8.1 Now I believe that Win 8.1 Update will be released on April 8th as an Automatic Update, you will NOT need to go to the Windows Store to get it. So, a few questions...should I update to 8.1 now, and then get the update next week, and do it in steps, or is the Win 8.1 update all inclusive, and I should just wait for it to be released next week sometime. I guess I should also change how I get updates. Probably change it to, Notify me, but not download or install etc. Thanks, Mike

I am currently running Windows 8.0 I never updated to Windows 8.1 Now I believe that Win 8.1 Update will be released on April 8th as an Automatic Update, you will NOT need to go to the Windows Store to get it. So, a few questions...should I update to 8.1 now, and then get the update next week, and do it in steps, or is the Win 8.1 update all inclusive, and I should just wait for it to be released next week sometime. I guess I should also change how I get updates. Probably change it to, Notify me, but not download or install etc. Thanks, Mike

the update on the 8th is an update for 8.1, you will not receive that update unless you are already running 8.1, so you will still have to go through the store to upgrade to 8.1

i hope that helps

I have so little common sense that can not any way understand them, who isn't so far has introduced Windows 8.1 and uses still Windows 8. I do not understand.
Is the stone ax is better than the iron ax?

I have so little common sense that can not any way understand them, who isn't so far has introduced Windows 8.1 and uses still Windows 8. I do not understand.

There are compatibility problems with some devices originally released with Windows 8. Believe it or not, there are all sorts of weird problems with 8.1 on these machines, and Microsoft don't seem to care at all.

I agree. That is why I have been waiting so long to update to 8.1 Hopefully by now, most of the issues have ben worked out. The only reason I am thing about updating now is because I often get that message that "Internet explorer has stopped" etc. for various reasons. I am hoping with IE11 that problem will be gone.

There are compatibility problems with some devices originally released with Windows 8. Believe it or not, there are all sorts of weird problems with 8.1 on these machines, and Microsoft don't seem to care at all.

Unfortunately, it is really true that I do not know what you are talking about. But unfortunately I do not have these problems. I use only the most recent software.

I agree. That is why I have been waiting so long to update to 8.1 Hopefully by now, most of the issues have ben worked out. The only reason I am thing about updating now is because I often get that message that "Internet explorer has stopped" etc. for various reasons. I am hoping with IE11 that problem will be gone.

I also had problems with IE10, it was crashing all the time and usually when I was closing it :crazy: so I did a reinstall of Windows 8 from the recovery partition and now things are better (IE10 still crashes but not all the time). Anyway I think you can download and install IE11 on Windows 8, isn't it correct?