Welcome to MSFN Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

XP EOL Post SP3 Updates Downloader (UDC) released @ xdot.tk

- - - - - nLite xdot.tk UDC XP EOL

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

-X-

-X-

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 2,421 posts
  • Joined 08-January 04

Donator

I've just released April's Updates Downloader, Checker and Add-on Creator or UDC for short.

It's a script that downloads all high priority updates with a simple double click. You'll need nLite since
some of the update have to be turned into add-ons.

Great time to make an up-to-date setup CD. It's available at xdot.tk.

I don't think this is the end of updates. Some updates are cross platform OS and can be applied in one way or another to XP.

edit: XP is not a platform. lol. It's an OS :/

Edited by -X-, 13 April 2014 - 04:21 AM.

Download all Windows XP Post SP3 High-Priority Updates with a simple double click @ xdot.tk post-12166-0-42859000-1399044129.png ]
               If someone helps you fix a problem, please report back so they and others can benefit from the solution. Thanks!

How to remove advertisement from MSFN

oldskool

oldskool

• 46 posts
  • Joined 09-April 14

nice ty

condor

condor

Junior

• Pip
  • 75 posts
  • Joined 04-October 06

Tks for this release.

Can you tell me a good addon for framework 1-4 with latest updates?

-X-

-X-

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 2,421 posts
  • Joined 08-January 04

Donator

They have them over at RyanVm.net. http://www.ryanvm.ne...opic.php?t=8728

A long, long time ago I tried one from Onepiece via nonno fabio, no further updates could be applied so I had to use the .NET Cleanup Tool and install all over again and then manually apply all the patches.

The one I just linked to is from user_hidden so it's probably OK.

Please note that if you install .NET there are additional high priority updates. I recalled one that has to do with the file NTPRINT.CAT. You'll have to investigate other's  yourself since I don't do .NET.

I hate them with a passion. **** things take up almost as much space as the OS. I do .NET 2.0 but that's where I draw the line.

Download all Windows XP Post SP3 High-Priority Updates with a simple double click @ xdot.tk post-12166-0-42859000-1399044129.png ]
               If someone helps you fix a problem, please report back so they and others can benefit from the solution. Thanks!

condor

condor

Junior

• Pip
  • 75 posts
  • Joined 04-October 06

Tks, I will read and test

Explorer09

Explorer09

• PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Joined 12-September 11

I hate them with a passion. **** things take up almost as much space as the OS. I do .NET 2.0 but that's where I draw the line.

I don't like them either. .NET Installers eat up my disk space unnecessarily. And when I tried to refresh the update lists, I often complain something like, "d*mn Micro$oft, why don't you merge KB2894843 and KB2901111 updates together?"

And because they release the updates in MSP packages (and digitally signed), it's almost impossible for me to merge two update packages together, or merge the updates with the installer.

(This never happens in Linux software packaging, AFAIK. In Debian/Ubuntu, updating software means just installing a newer .deb package over an old one, and package maintainers often update the whole set of deb packages for that software.)

submix8c

submix8c

Inconceivable!

• Patrons
  • 4,327 posts
  • Joined 14-September 05

Hmmm...

And because they release the updates in MSP packages (and digitally signed), it's almost impossible for me to merge two update packages together, or merge the updates with the installer.

Have you tried "InstEd it!"? It's doable (usually an MSP file is simply replacement modules anyway) if you take the time and learn how-to.

O/T - this is Topic is starting to go O/T...

Someday the tyrants will be unthroned... Jason "Jay" Chasteen; RIP, bro!

Posted Image

Explorer09

Explorer09

• PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Joined 12-September 11
Off-topic now.

Have you tried "InstEd it!"? It's doable (usually an MSP file is simply replacement modules anyway) if you take the time and learn how-to.

I prefer open-source solutions. And for IE8 I already made up my own solution. For .NET, I can't.

Edited by Explorer09, 29 April 2014 - 08:10 PM.

submix8c

submix8c

Inconceivable!

• Patrons
  • 4,327 posts
  • Joined 14-September 05

???

Off-topic now.

I prefer open-source solutions. And for IE8 I already made up my own solution. For .NET, I can't.

Your "open source" includes JAVA (not open source), so what's the difference if the software is FREE? You could (with more difficulty) use the ORCA and related Tools for the MSI/MSP "merge".

Indeed, your IE8 "solution" doesn't appear to be an "integrated" as it seems to be Post-Install, rather than Direct. :unsure:

Posted Image

-X-

-X-

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 2,421 posts
  • Joined 08-January 04

Donator

Forgot to announce the May 1st update (UDC-05-01-14) and patch tuesday has come early today... Flash has just been updated to v13.0.0.214. Re-running the UDC in your current updates folder will download the latest flash. 

Edited by -X-, 13 May 2014 - 04:42 AM.

Explorer09

Explorer09

• PipPip
  • 182 posts
  • Joined 12-September 11

Your "open source" includes JAVA (not open source), so what's the difference if the software is FREE? You could (with more difficulty) use the ORCA and related Tools for the MSI/MSP "merge".

Indeed, your IE8 "solution" doesn't appear to be an "integrated" as it seems to be Post-Install, rather than Direct. :unsure:

Yes my solution makes a post-installer rather than integrate them directly to WinXP CD. For me there is some reason to keep the old IE6, and the post-installer can be used to upgrade the existing Windows XP installation (with IE6 or IE7) to IE8.

I use java because it's convenient to write. I wish it could be ported to C but no idea how to start.

-X-

-X-

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 2,421 posts
  • Joined 08-January 04

Donator

New UDC released. Contains July 2014's update to the revoked root certificates (rvkroots.exe). Grab it at xdot.tk

aliceinchains

aliceinchains

Junior

• Pip
  • 73 posts
  • Joined 16-January 11

New UDC released. Contains July 2014's update to the revoked root certificates (rvkroots.exe). Grab it at xdot.tk

Hey -X-,  from this thing you posted on your site -   "The cats out of the bag. Softpedia published article about it so here goes. Get XP updates til 2019 w/ this reg file."

Do I have to do something with this or do you already include it in your UDC ?

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\WPA\PosReady]
"Installed"=dword:00000001

http://goo.gl/yYsRfE

-X-

-X-

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 2,421 posts
  • Joined 08-January 04

Donator

No it's not included. You need to apply it yourself.

aliceinchains

aliceinchains

Junior

• Pip
  • 73 posts
  • Joined 16-January 11

Excellent, thank you -X- !

aliceinchains

aliceinchains

Junior

• Pip
  • 73 posts
  • Joined 16-January 11

No it's not included. You need to apply it yourself.

So does your UDC include all the new updates that I would be getting after the reg entry ?

Edited by aliceinchains, 20 October 2014 - 02:40 PM.

-X-

-X-

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 2,421 posts
  • Joined 08-January 04

Donator

Not at this time. If I do at some point I wont advertise it here due to forum rules.

submix8c

submix8c

Inconceivable!

• Patrons
  • 4,327 posts
  • Joined 14-September 05

Doesn't some (many/all) of them need something modded to allow install in Normal XP?

http://www.msfn.org/...ows-xp-sp3-enu/

Posted Image

Ponch

Ponch

MSFN Junkie

• Patrons
  • 3,286 posts
  • Joined 23-November 05

Doesn't some (many/all) of them need something modded to allow install in Normal XP?

http://www.msfn.org/...ows-xp-sp3-enu/

You meant this ? :angel 

http://www.msfn.org/...k/#entry1087651

submix8c

submix8c

Inconceivable!

• Patrons
  • 4,327 posts
  • Joined 14-September 05

Not quite that simple - take a look at the link to harkaz' topic. It "finds" them but some (?) get "blocked" because of the checks. They may install from MS (with "bit" set), but won't "integrate"/"install" -without- the "bit" set for it.

IOW, to Integrate/Install - without- bit set, the Installers -must- be altered, hence the "not included" in UDC. It would require a bit of Script Magic (like e.g. MU/WU creation).

JS...

Posted Image

-X-

-X-

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 2,421 posts
  • Joined 08-January 04

Donator

None of the updates released so far need any modding because they are all directly slipstreamable. This only becomes a problem if they need to run from the SVCPACK folder (aka, actually running the installer). rvkroots.exe runs from SVCPACK but the installer hasn't changed since it was first released for XP and Windows Server 2003 so this is an exception to the rule.

submix8c

submix8c

Inconceivable!

• Patrons
  • 4,327 posts
  • Joined 14-September 05

Hmmm. haven't yet tried it - slipstreaming unaltered POSReady 2009 Update into XP via nLite. You're asserting that nLite ignores the requirements noted in the harkaz topic link? Just trying to get confirmation here without my doing it (if someone else already has).

Posted Image

-X-

-X-

• MSFN Sponsor
  • 2,421 posts
  • Joined 08-January 04

Donator

Yes it ignores it. That only applies when you run the update.

• submix8c likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nLite, xdot.tk, UDC, XP, EOL

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users